Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, my starting weight for this challenge was 144.2 and today at my weigh in I'm at 141.4 --- only a 1.4 pound/week average when I was hoping to lose 8 this month but that's okay! Today when I weighed in I had hit my 20 lb weight loss (since beginning in Mid May) so I can't be too upset that the scale isn't moving more drastically! I've been keeping up with my goals of water and vegetables for the month, so I'm thinking maybe trying to eat back at least 1/2 of my exercise calories every day to see if my weight loss is more each week with that method -- I usually burn about 600/day and it's difficult to net 1200 for me but I'll have to work at that! Hope everyone else is seeing good results this month!
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    YAY. I LOST2 OZ AND TO SUM THAT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE ANYTHING BUT TO ME IT'S AWESOME. GOTTA START SOM,EWHERES. NOW I FEEL WAY BETTER CAUSE MY WEIGHT WASNT MOVING AND I WAS STARTING TO GET REALLY DOWN ON MYSELF. NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I WILL TAKE ANYTHING I WOULDNT EVEN CARE IF THE SCALE DIDNT MOVE AS LONG AS I'M LOSING INCHES.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    YAY. I LOST2 OZ AND TO SUM THAT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE ANYTHING BUT TO ME IT'S AWESOME. GOTTA START SOM,EWHERES. NOW I FEEL WAY BETTER CAUSE MY WEIGHT WASNT MOVING AND I WAS STARTING TO GET REALLY DOWN ON MYSELF. NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I WILL TAKE ANYTHING I WOULDNT EVEN CARE IF THE SCALE DIDNT MOVE AS LONG AS I'M LOSING INCHES.

congrats....all loss is great!!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! :)

Not weighing in till friday in line with you all but am so happy to have hit 179.5 today! :) that brings me into the 170 odd range and feels wonderful! I'm 3lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight and feel sooooo ready to move below this now so that's great stuff.. haven't been below that 3lb for around 12 years!!

Whats everyone up to this weekend? I had a lovely ride in the woods (short) then a riding lesson on my horse, fab but blooming hard work (for us both). Am aiming for a lesson weekly now as it's a different type of riding and great for both of us. :)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Based on my current stats, MFP has me set to eat 1930 cal/day. (1 lb/ week setting) Since I've stalled for the past month, what would you loves suggest I do? Drop calories down to 2 lb/ week deficit? or...

I'll take any suggestions :oP
    Ive too have been pretty much stalled all summer after doing 1-2 lbs. a week for months.I spoke to the owner /trainer of my gym and he said you never drop calories back down. You're body is used to the new you routine, and to change it up a bit. So I took a week off of the gym ( hard to do mentally/ but had a pinched nerve in my back so that helped keep me out ) LOL... I'm now eating most of my exercise calories back, and I started losing .5 - 1 pound again. I don't have a scale this week, and I'm on vacation. But I have a feeling when I get home next week, I'll see a loss. So keep on moving and don't give up. It's hard to wrap your head around being able to eat more, but our bodies are a great machine and we will get there !!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

My starting weight is 225.6 as of today.
    My weight loss goal for August is 4lbs
    My personal challenge would be to exercise at least 6 times a week in August. Good luck everyone!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Yesterday my trainer totally kicked my butt. She does a total body workout. We did strength training, some isometric exercises, and some cardio. Albeit, I did not burn more calories than I've been burning on average, BUT I burned more than I have when just doing strength training, so it was definitely a great workout and I will say I stayed within my goals of working out harder.
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Down 3 lbs and finished 7 days of posting by food and exercise.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    Well done dchiinn :)
    I survived my birthday with only a few calories over my goal for the day yeahhhhhhhhh
    Now onwards to hopefully losing some weight again this week :)
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have been busy so I haven't been able to check in for a few days, but I did in on Friday with a loss of .8 lbs!!

AUG SW: 215
    CW: 213.2
    AUG GOAL: 208

Getting closer!!! I have been keeping up with my water intake and I exercised 6 out of 7 days last week!! Good Luck everyone!!!!!!
  • SiyaL8R
    SiyaL8R Posts: 17
    Options
    Aug SW: 215
    Aug Goal: 205
    Personal Challenge: joining co-ed soccer team and exercising 4x per week
  • lakenleona
    lakenleona Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Check In for this past week because I was out of town on Friday:

SW (8/1): 211
    1st week (8/5): 207.4
    CW (8/14): 202.2
    GW (8/31): 200

I'm almost there!!

My personal challenge for this week is going to be tracking my water like I used to since I've slacked on it and doing 40 min of exercise 3x a week and at least 20 min 3 more days.

Hope everyone is having a good week and good luck! :)
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    SW 220.8
    GW FOR AUG 212

"SUCCESS is failure turned inside out"

weekly challenge: drink more water and less of everything else

walk every day'
    good luck everyone!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Check In for this past week because I was out of town on Friday:

SW (8/1): 211
    1st week (8/5): 207.4
    CW (8/14): 202.2
    GW (8/31): 200

I'm almost there!!

My personal challenge for this week is going to be tracking my water like I used to since I've slacked on it and doing 40 min of exercise 3x a week and at least 20 min 3 more days.

Hope everyone is having a good week and good luck! :)
    Well done!! :) That's great going for the month! :)
  • Mentzerj
    Mentzerj Posts: 44
    Options
    Posting my update,

SW: 224.5, 8/1/2011
    CW: 216.5
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    BAD BAD weekend for me. Didn't log food Saturday or Sunday, didn't workout, went to eat at Cracker Barrel for breakfast Sunday AND Zaxby's for dinner that night too. Feel like crap now and a lot less motivated than I was before the weekend. Why are weekends so dang hard?! Now I just have to convince myself once again that I CAN do it, 220 is NOT the lowest I can go, and get my butt up today and EXERCISE.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    todays weigh in:179.5:flowerforyou:
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    SW at of 8/1/11: 171
    By 9/1/11: 130
    Goal for August: Get up in the morning and work out!!! No sleeping in an extra 60 minutes. Keep my cardio up and bad calories down.

This week i have hit all of my workouts and have not slept in Monday thru Fri. Did on weekend but I still did my workouts. :) Started stregth training to help with the downsizing. This weeks weigh does not show to much on the scale but my inches are dropping. My clothes are fittting better. Which is a great thing. Overall it has been a great week.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    SW: 202
    1st Weigh in: 200 (8/8)
    2nd weigh in:198.5 (8/15)
    total loss: 3.5 pounds

GW: 194
    Challenge: My personal challenge is to do the 30 Day Shred every day until the end of the month :0)
    **I did the 30 day shred all week except yesterday (sunday) hosted a pool party at my house for my friend. and I was just too hungover to even think about getting out of my bed...only for the delivery guy, twice! YIKS!
    did good all week, except on sunday, skipped exercise and ate bad! BUT I AM PROUD TO ANNOUCE THAT I AM OFFICIALLY IN ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't freakin believe it!!! woohoo
  • abertawe2
    Options
    SW for August 152.5
    GW for August 148 - based on 1 llb per week
    1st week 9th August - 151
    2nd week 16th August - 147.5! this I could not believe I stepped on and off the scales reset it and it still said 147.5 so yeahhhhhhhh anything else I lose this month will be a bonus :happy: