WHY, OH WHY ?!?

Options
neugebauer52
neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
After 2 months of weight loss, nothing. I eat properly, I record everything on MFP. I do exercise, go to the gym. I read all supporting info on MFP. I double check the calories eaten, double check the weights of food, slowly getting used to portion control. Nothing. NOTHING for nearly 3 weeks. Than today - 2.5 kg ( 5.5 pounds) weight loss. Can an average body not just lose weight nicely - day by day, just a little bit! Seems my body / brain / whatever else is fighting to lose weight gram by gram. So frustrating! Patience? Sorry, never had much of that.....

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe it does, but you can't see it, because water weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    After 2 months of weight loss, nothing. I eat properly, I record everything on MFP. I do exercise, go to the gym. I read all supporting info on MFP. I double check the calories eaten, double check the weights of food, slowly getting used to portion control. Nothing. NOTHING for nearly 3 weeks. Than today - 2.5 kg ( 5.5 pounds) weight loss. Can an average body not just lose weight nicely - day by day, just a little bit! Seems my body / brain / whatever else is fighting to lose weight gram by gram. So frustrating! Patience? Sorry, never had much of that.....

Looks like you're just going to get frustrated a lot if you don't accept that weight loss isn't linear
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Try the apps “Happy Scale” or “Trend Weight” to help with the mind games fluctuations in weight loss play and may ease your frustrations.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your scale can contribute to this too, since some won't register a change from the last weight if it's small enough. Mine (digital but not "smart") does this, so when I was losing weight, I'd weigh the same for a week and then see a fairly large change overnight quite frequently.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,054 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Sometimes your scale can contribute to this too, since some won't register a change from the last weight if it's small enough. Mine (digital but not "smart") does this, so when I was losing weight, I'd weigh the same for a week and then see a fairly large change overnight quite frequently.

In addition to this, if it needs a new battery, mine records the same weight day after day.