Apetamin

Options
Anyone taking apetamin to gain weight at the moment?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    No. Just eat more food.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No, because it's a scam.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    No, because I prefer to train myself to eat more rather than take something that makes me sleepy and stops working when I stop taking it.
  • leshera
    leshera Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was looking into through recommendations but I prefer to train myself as well. Thanks Guys for the feedback
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make your metabolism slow down
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m taking it. It’s not a scam. It really helps you gain weight. It makes your metabolism slow down so you can eat way more than your used to. Take 2 bottles of apetamin and you should get your goal. Watch some YouTube videos. That stuff is magic

If your metabolism slowed down so would your appetite. How do you think animals survive during hibernation? They slow down their metabolism effectively reducing their daily energy requirements.

Points for trying but you reallu should do some research before passing on false knowledge. People can get hurt or become ill from that.
  • collins396
    collins396 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also you will only be sleepy the first 1-3 times you take it. You take it 3xs a day (I did 2) . And the effects last .
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Apetimine is just a antihistamine packaged (usually) with a bunch of vitamins. The active ingredient is Cyproheptadine...

Cyproheptadine:

Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine used to relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes/nose, sneezing, hives, and itching. It works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. This medication also blocks another natural substance in your body (serotonin).

It has long been known that the administration of antihistamines can cause weight gain. In fact, one antihistamine, cyproheptadine, has been used for this purpose. ... One reason, which may be the most reasonable, is that histamine is known to reduce the appetite, and antihistamines, therefore, counteract this effect.

It has nothing to do with lowering your metabolism. It just *may* increase the appetite of some users... but it *is* a drug and as with all drugs there are side effects and contraindications you should be aware of.

... alternately, if you can't stand the thought of eating more volume you could just make sure that what you do eat is calorie dense. Exercise - in particular strength training, is a great way of increasing your appetite while ending up with a great looking body. ;)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    collins396 wrote: »
    This definitely isnt a scam. I took it in 2015. I was 119 pounds and could not gain weight. I went from 119-145. I currently weigh 135. They use this syrup at the hospital i work at for eating disorders. Who ever says its a scam needs to do their research.

No one said it was a scam.

They said why not just eat caloric dense foods opposed to taking medications. The OP likely has to eat a bit over 2000-2500 daily calories to gain. I have to eat upwards of 4000. And i do so by committing and eating wisely, timing what I eat.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    collins396 wrote: »
    This definitely isnt a scam. I took it in 2015. I was 119 pounds and could not gain weight. I went from 119-145. I currently weigh 135. They use this syrup at the hospital i work at for eating disorders. Who ever says its a scam needs to do their research.

I've been through hospital ED programs and was never prescribed this. I am underweight and have no appetite because of gastroparesis and the drug of choice to imcrease appetite in underweight patients is Mirtazipine/remeron