30 DS injuries?

Options
Good morning all! I am currently on Day 3 of 30 DS, and I'm so sore I can barely get out of bed. It's strange because I feel totally fine during the workout itself, but afterward I'm so sore that I can barely sit down or walk up and down stairs. Is this normal with 30DS, or should I be concerned?

I apologize if this is a common question, but I would like some personalized feedback! I am extremely limited in the types of exercise I can do due to a medical condition, and up until now my workouts have been nearly all cardio, either on the elliptical or in a spin class. Are my muscles just getting shocked by the new workout or should I find a different workout to do? Anyone else have similar issues with 30 DS? The last thing I want to do is really hurt myself and have to take it easy for awhile.

Replies

• nancymmorris
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way until day 5 then it started feeling better each day. I have a friend at work that said the same thing. It will get better. Keep up the great work!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!! The soreness will fade, and by day 7 you will feel amazing! Watch your knees on the jumping jacks; do jump ropes or high knees instead. Most of all, have fun and kick butt!!!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    whn i first started out i was sore from it...but it gets better as you keep going...it just means your muscles are getting stronger but after your muscles get used to this then the soreness will go away...you can apply ice onto the sore muscles to reduce the soreness
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    most definitely normal! I was working out before I started it and still could barely go up and down my stairs for about 3 days. With each level will come a new kind of soreness, but it does get better. Don't give up because it is a great workout!
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 today and have felt the exact same way! I was kind of glad to feel that way because it makes me feel like it's actually working! I feel a little bit better today and am happy to hear that from here on out walking will get easier and easier!! ;)
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yeah its normal mine only lasted 3 days though.
    But when i first tried i got to day 6 and gave up.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Get a recovery drink. You're muscles aren't used to this type of workout and are rebuilding themselves, but a good drink of carbs and protein will help with the soreness.
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Whey Protein shake mix has helped me! I drink 1 scoop with 8 oz almond milk after.
    Also, I did pull my shoulder muscle a little, but it only hurt for about a day, and I'm great now.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I hurt so bad when I started, but now I'm on the second level and I don't feel nearly as bad as I did when I started level 1! Don't let Jillian Win!!!!!!! Drink plenty of fluids, protein & carbs after - I have a glass of chocolate milk myself with low fat milk.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    On days 2&3 I felt it in my quads especially, but it did pass.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I will stick with it then!
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried 30DS I had the same problem and then abandoned it in level 2. This time when I started I eased myself into the exercise-like the modifications mentioned above. I also only did one round of the strength on occasion or didn't squat for a round. I didn't count those workouts in my 30 days but allowed my body a few days before fully engaging with the workout. Maybe ease off a bit for a day or so and build back up.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Make sure you allow yourself at least 1 rest day from the DVD per week. In Ripped in 30, Jillian mentions this but for some reason, she does not in Shred but it is important for your body to have a rest day and will further help your final results.

Keep shredding

Donna