What are you postponing until you are thinner?

Options
I haven't worn jeans in 4 years and I refuse to buy bigger sizes. That's tantamount to giving up (for me). What are you putting off until you weigh less?

Replies

• Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same. I bought the cheapest fat clothes I could find, because I have no intention of staying in them.
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really want to take dance classes but too embarrassed cos I'm so fat right now. Putting it off until I lose some weight.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I want to be a volunteer firefighter in my town but I’m not in good enough shape yet (or at least worried about trying out and failing), so I’m holding off until I get everything done.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wherever you may be with your weight, embrace it. Embrace your clothes and how you look in them today. Walk into the room with a lion tamer's confidence. You need practice now long before the weight releasing is done. Don't be scared, be prepared. Start today. That way your brain will be ready for it.

This. Please live your life fully, regardless of your size. You do not know what the future holds, and letting one's weight get in the way means "giving in" in a different way.

Remember a couple of things: First, most people are too self-absorbed (in a good way) to be spending time thinking about others in a negative way. Most people have their own challenges, too. And if they notice you doing something you think they will judge you for, they won't--they might think, "Good for her," but probably they just won't even notice. Second, anyone who is SMALL enough--in heart, mind, and spirit--to judge you is a very sad person, indeed, sadder than you, because you will have taken steps to have joy in your life and not meanness. That judgy person suffers from meanness, and you don't. Have compassion in your heart for them, but do not let them get in your way.

Get out there, folks, and love life. If you get thinner on the way, great--you will probably live to enjoy life longer. That is where the weight will make the big difference for many.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Wearing a size small dress. As far as activity - nothing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I practically live in jeans when I'm not living in shorts or sweatpants. I'm wearing and doing now everything I want to wear and do and always have at every weight, except for shorter shorts. I guess I'm postponing those because wearing them now is not comfortable at all and not worth messing about with baby powder.