Keto Diet 1 Month Success Story!

Options
armymil87
armymil87 Posts: 44 Member
Hello fellow MFP folks,

I just wanted to share my 1 month Keto Diet success with the community. I started the Keto Diet on May 13th 2018. I weighed 217 lbs, had 48.7 lbs of Body Fat Mass, and 22.6% Body Fat. As of June 13th 2018, I now weigh 200.9 lbs, my Body Fat Mass is at 33.5 lbs, and I have 16.7% Body Fat!

So I lost a total of 15.2 lbs of Body Fat Mass and 5.9% Body Fat in one month. I also gained lean muscle during the process.

I began the process with fasting for 24 hours. From there I did intermittent fasting the rest of the time. I made sure not to exceed 6 grams of carbs each day until May 31st 2018. From June 1st to June 13th 2018, I had zero grams of carbs. Also, I did not have a single gram of sugar the entire month.

I worked out 6 days a week for 2 hours with a combination of weight training and cardio. I drank plenty of water throughout the day, took daily vitamins, and probiotics to help with the digestive system. I weighed myself every 6 days at Complete Nutrition on the InBody system. Received a lot of advice and help from Ein Swim, the Manager. So big shout out to him!

For beginners, the Keto Diet can seem difficult and hard to maintain. Especially when you encounter the dreadful Keto Flu. But, keep your head up, stay motivated, and confident and you can succeed in anything you put your mind to.

I’ve learned a lot about the Keto Diet, created some delicious recipes, and am willing to assist anyone needing help :).

My goal is to go from 16.7% Body Fat to at least 10%. Hopefully by next month I’ll achieve that goal

Replies

• aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Such a rapid transformation! I'm following a diet which results in ketosis but it's low fat and low carb. I love that cravings and hunger go away with ketosis.
  • armymil87
    Options
    Thank you very much! I agree, my cravings have dwindled since I started :)
  • shawblissters
    shawblissters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I knew u could do it. Your dedication to your final goal is inspiring. Keep it up Batttle.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's pretty impressive!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Great results
    2 months in and I have only lost 7 lbs.
    Doing it with my daughter, who is doing goof.
    I was hoping it would help, but it proves, keto doesn't work for everybody
  • armymil87
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I knew u could do it. Your dedication to your final goal is inspiring. Keep it up Batttle.

Thanks Battle! That truly means a lot.
  • armymil87
    Options

Congratulations! So great to see so many people being successful in not only losing fat but getting healthier and getting leaner while still gaining muscle mass while doing keto and intermittent/extended fasting. The list of positives are huge. Thanks for sharing your story. Peoples personal success stories, info and picture proof is more valuable and informative than any thing else on this forum.

I 100% agree with you! Thank you very much for the great comment. It’s really motivating to see real success stories with proof just like you stated. I hope all is going well on your end my friend.
  • armymil87
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Congrats! That's pretty impressive!

Thank you very much!
  • armymil87
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    Great results
    2 months in and I have only lost 7 lbs.
    Doing it with my daughter, who is doing goof.
    I was hoping it would help, but it proves, keto doesn't work for everybody

Thank you very much! 7 lbs in 2 months is actually still good. I wouldn’t lose hope on your goals just yet bud :).
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How do you get any veggies in doing zero carbs! Congrats on your great results.
  • mizzk38748
    mizzk38748 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I started my keto journey two weeks and 3 days ago. It has been exciting. So far I have lost 5 pounds and hope to go on from there. I know I'm still working out kinks with exceeding my carb count. But this gives me great motivation. Keep it up!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    No one encountering very infrequent bathroom visits because of the low residue? May be its tmi to be asked.
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    6 grams of carb ?
    Damn and I thought 20 grams was tough enough .
    Did you get sick of eating just meat and cheese?
    Nice job by the way !
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been following a ketogentic life style for 14 months.. I feel awesome! I sleep well- no aches and pains- clear mind- crohn's in check- normal blood work for the first time in my life! Bonus - 45 pounds. This life style works for me! I only count carbs.. I stay under 20g per day. We are different individuals.. people need to find what work for them. Good luck!
    Stay strong!
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I'm due to start keto on Sunday and have to admit to feeling nervous.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Only 20 grams of fibre? I've been used to dietary eliminations because of my salicylate sensitivity for may be 30 years and more. I've used digestive microbes and enzymes for 5 years or so. I'm longer in the tooth than most on here. I don't trust doctors for many reasons and as a last resort when I could not sort my arthritic flare up myself last year I consulted one, the product I was prescribed, even though I had voiced my scepticism of it working well in me, had me bed bound over night!

A professor in immunology told me being untreated for Hashimoto's contributed to my salicylate sensitivity and then digestive problems. After I was refused permission to return to the Professor's care, I faced more problems with local medics 5 years ago now. When I reported burning after my liquid levo the doctors wanted to rush me into hospital, I knew the answer, give up the levo, forcing me to go outside regular medicine. Now mostly I take care of myself.

It was more than disconcerting discovering virtually over night, I'd experienced a total reversal of what I could comfortably eat, finding myself having to buy and living on chicken, pork and beef, fruit/veggies of any kind had me digestively compromised, my digestive tract was a major battle ground. Then the low residue issue confronted me with a whole new series of problems which I had avoided for years, finding a comfortably retainable type of fibre was a real nightmare.

So my delicately put question, being a British lady of maturity and sensitivity was a serious one, from personal experience of zero carbs, the way I came to the problem was very different to the many here who choose keto or what ever, was a very serious one.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your transformation. Just meat and cheese!
    Outside of the Keto-flu, anything else you encounter that people should look for?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!