Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    you can, I'm losing weight on 1990 cal.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Yes but what does MFP say you should eat for your stats?
  • kathydavis6
    kathydavis6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1200 can't stick to it so defeating the object of losing weight
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Have you set your activity level right? If yes, are you eating back at least a good proportion of any exercise calories? I am set to sedentary as I am retired and pretty idle by nature. Mfp gave me 1200 BUT I do aim to add around 50% of my exercise calories so I usually eat around1350 - 1400 cals (good incentive for me to be more active) and I am losing comfortably. Good luck
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    @kathydavis6 I use this tool http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/ to calculate my BMR and the calories it will take to maintain my ideal weight and I aim for somewhere in between. If I hit my ideal weight's maintenance calories, I know I'm still heading in the right direction and only eating to maintain the weight I want to be. That usually gives me a lot more calories and I eat in that range on average.
  • armymil87
    armymil87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Does anyone lose weight on 1400 calories

Yes it’s possible. I’m losing weight by doing 1500 calories or less a day. But I’m also doing the Keto diet and intermittent fasting everyday. Plus 2 hours of strength training and cardio 6 times a week. I’ve lost 15.2 lbs of Body Fat Mass and 5.9% Body Fat in 30 days.

Depending on how you approach the 1400 calories a day will help lead you to your weight loss goals.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Depends of you BMR, if you need more than that for maintenance, then yes you will lose weight.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

A goal of 1200 often means you've chosen a deficit that is inappropriate for your stats (unless you are a very petite female who is also inactive). What are your current stats? Age, weight, activity level, goal weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!