Running Pals!

Hello runners of MFP!

I'll keep this simple, I'm after more running pals, particularly UK runners so we're in the same time zone.

I'm currently training for a half next month, and trying to manage the runger as best I can now that my long runs are into double figures!

More running on my news feed would be great!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Well, plan was 13km yesterday and I did 16.5 (so ~ 10 miles). Good thing too as Easter dinner was a feast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Well, plan was 13km yesterday and I did 16.5 (so ~ 10 miles). Good thing too as Easter dinner was a feast.

I did 11 miles Saturday, 3 miles today. Happy with that!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have a HM in two weeks. Saturday was 10 miles. Today was a slow 5. Tomorrow will be a slow 5, Wednesday a tempo 4, off Thursday, slow 6 on Friday, and then one more long run (11 mi) this weekend before I start my taper. Completely off from running starting Thursday for a Sunday race, and only 5-7 miles next week before that.

And yes, I am making up my schedule for the most part. It's loosely based on HH novice plan but I've molded it to fit my schedule and preferences.

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    I thought there were more runners out there! :cry:
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    I'm from NI and run 5/10k. Booked for my first race in August and now decided that I can't wait that long, so entering another in May. Never dreamed that I would run and enjoy it!
  • TavistockToad
    hcolligan wrote: »
    I'm from NI and run 5/10k. Booked for my first race in August and now decided that I can't wait that long, so entering another in May. Never dreamed that I would run and enjoy it!

i very much have a love/hate relationship with running... but once i get myself out the door i generally love it!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2018
    err ... I have only started running in the last couple of weeks .... not training for anything other than to get comfortable at running to be honest.

Currently do 2 commutes to work (6km per commute ) and do a 10k on wednesday lunchtimes ... so total noob, but I post about it, and will no doubt get quicker or injured :wink:
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    I'm a UK runner, but my running activities rarely show up in my feed(my Garmin is linked to MFP). I thought they'd fixed it as it recently started working again, but then it stopped! Feel free to add me though, I am doing a half later in the year, and did a marathon last October, so I'm aware of the runger, although I just went with it!
  • TavistockToad
    I'm a UK runner, but my running activities rarely show up in my feed(my Garmin is linked to MFP). I thought they'd fixed it as it recently started working again, but then it stopped! Feel free to add me though, I am doing a half later in the year, and did a marathon last October, so I'm aware of the runger, although I just went with it!

if i 'go with it' i just get fat :laugh:

I use a Garmin, just never bothered linking it. sounds like i'm not missing much!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Nova Scotia Canada and I have just recently taken up running.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    My half is on May 19th and hoo boy, the runger is real. But at least I get an excuse to drink all the chocolate milk.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Running is how I keep my sanity.......not in the UK though.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Not a UK runner, Nova Scotia here. And I've only done 1 irl race so far, just started in November.
    I have 2 live races scheduled for June and August. Will probably sign up for a few more.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member

we're all out running!!! ;)
  • TavistockToad
    girlinahat wrote: »

we're all out running!!! ;)

:laugh:
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    I run - sort of - and I'm in the UK. I run between three and five times a week but I'm only just working my way up from a 5k to a 10k so nothing too spectacular I'm afraid :)
  • TavistockToad
    bumping for any more takers? :blush:
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Hi there! I'm not by any means local, (am in Australia) and I'm just getting back into running after an injury. I've missed it so much!
  • ExoticWelshy
    ExoticWelshy Posts: 4 Member
    Not quite sure if I would call myself a runner.. more of a very slow jogger! Currently ‘training’ for a 10km next month which in some people’s eyes may seem like nothing but for me it might as well be a marathon!
    I managed a 7km run a few weeks ago and I was buzzing afterwards!
  • TavistockToad
    Not quite sure if I would call myself a runner.. more of a very slow jogger! Currently ‘training’ for a 10km next month which in some people’s eyes may seem like nothing but for me it might as well be a marathon!
    I managed a 7km run a few weeks ago and I was buzzing afterwards!

If both feet are off the floor, you're running :bigsmile: