McDonald's Quarter Pounder... now with fresh beef

Options
kam26001
kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
Has anyone tried them yet? I wonder how they stack up against Wendy's, who also use fresh beef and are delicious.

bido7i7.jpg

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I think I'll move some calories around and try one out this weekend...see what's what. :p
  • jclawst
    jclawst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I got so heavy I actually thought I’d start attracting those burgers to swirl around me like little satellites or moons. I avoid all fast food places for the time being but I won’t lie - at this very moment I’m totally craving and would devour one or five of those muthafu|<ing things.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I had a double QP the other day, was yummy. Bout 750 cals, but I had plenty to spare at the time. I thought it was juicier but I hadn't had a McDonald's burger in six months or more. I will be avoiding it in the future as normal, but it was a nice diversion. Our local McDonalds has installed the touch screens and reduced their staff. I ordered part of my meal on the touch screens then stood in line to order the kids their ice cream. Took longer but I felt if I use the touch screens for everything I'm helping to eliminate jobs. Same reason I avoid the self checkouts at stores.

You must have a heck of a time when you step in an elevator :wink:
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    All I can say is they're no Shake Shack...
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    370 calories in a hamburger happy meal if you order it with a diet coke. Sounds like a nice weekend lunch treat. Interested in this "fresh beef" thing.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    what were they using BEFORE?

this is part of why i dont eat fast food llolololol

Frozen. McDonalds burger patties are just frozen beef.

I’m not sure I’d notice a difference since I use frozen beef to make burgers at home.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I’m an In-N-Out guy myself - they never used frozen beef.

Honestly, I can tell the difference, it’s 80% texture 20% taste. When my wife cooks I always call out when she used thawed frozen beef or a frozen patty straight to grill vs fresh beef. She hates me for it. :#
  • StopTheGroundhog
    StopTheGroundhog Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jclawst wrote: »
    I got so heavy I actually thought I’d start attracting those burgers to swirl around me like little satellites or moons.

Hilarious!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I’m not sure I’d notice a difference since I use frozen beef to make burgers at home.

yeah most of my meat is frozen at home too.

whatever. i still dont like mcdonalds lol
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Honestly didn't notice any difference. I caved because after the millionth commercial on TV about them my carnivorous side kicked in. Not something I'd write home about or rush out to get again.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I can't even recall the last time I had a McDonald's burger. Not in this decade, I'm sure. Great marketing on their part though - we're talking about it!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's for an occasional treat but for some reason it always upsets my stomach! Any other fast food place is ok but Macs,,ugh
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I can't even recall the last time I had a McDonald's burger. Not in this decade, I'm sure. Great marketing on their part though - we're talking about it!

I haven't had McDonald's in about four years but for some reason I love their plain hamburgers. Something about the perfect combination/ratio of pickle, mustard, onion, ketchup, and squishy bun. Two of those with a small fries used to be my guilty pleasure. I don't even need any of the bigger sandwiches anymore since any burger I make for myself will blow them out of the water and/or other chains are so much better nowadays.

Still...something about those plain hamburgers just hits me in exactly the right place.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yes, I wonder what else is in the McD frozen ground beef to make it taste so different from when I use ground beef from the supermarket that I froze and defrosted.

(I stopped eating fast food burgers some time ago after watching "Food Inc" but occasionally have a bit of my OH's to check that they still taste terrible.)

Looks like they stopped using Pink Slime in 2012: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/legal-separation/
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yes, I wonder what else is in the McD frozen ground beef to make it taste so different from when I use ground beef from the supermarket that I froze and defrosted.

(I stopped eating fast food burgers some time ago after watching "Food Inc" but occasionally have a bit of my OH's to check that they still taste terrible.)

Looks like they stopped using Pink Slime in 2012: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/legal-separation/

Salt, and high fat. Most supermarkets don't sell anything "hotter" than 80% lean. I believe McDonald's uses 73%.