Fasting

Options
Does anyone else here do any find of fasting? Whether it's intermittent fasting, 24-hr or greater fasting, etc.? How often are you fasting and for how long? What have been your results? I'm on my 2nd 24-hour fast and have been happy with my results so far, and plan to sick with it.

Replies

• Amy8Lyn
    Amy8Lyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Due to my work schedule and sleep needs I find that I IF 16:8 without even trying! It has helped with my hunger cues as I don't eat my first meal until I'm hungry. That being said I still have 3 meals and 2 snacks during my eating window, they are just closer together. I think it helps me feel less hungry throughout the day and I don't feel like I have to force myself to eat early in the morning. I don't think I've gone more than 20:4 but that was probably more due to some type of schedule issue or illness.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to when in a deficit ... really helped me keep to my calorie goal by missing the 1st couple of meals a day then eating normally it was easy to maintain a deficit ... and it taught me that nothing happens when you feel hungry, other than feel hungry

now I am at maintenance (or teeeeny deficit if I am over goal) ... I eat normally again ... my morning workouts ARE better with a few hundred calories rather than none
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I only fast for medical reasons and when I'm asleep. I'm not mentally capable of being around food all day and not eating. Water only does so much.