Fell off routine - need friends :)

Options
Hey guys, been on MFP for about 4 weeks - I've lost 2 pounds - but my clothes have been fitting better.

Don't have alot of friends who are actively managing their weight and exercise locally - looking for friends on MFP:smile: Simply for mutual encouragement.

I've had company for past 4 days - went off routine and exercise - now feel I need a diet of unsweetened oatmeal for a week.

Replies

• lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over a little slip, just get right back to basics. Slow and steady wins the race. Feel free to add me as a friend and support.
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    Sure thing, you can friend me. I've been here about 2 weeks :)
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the last few days, just draw a line under it and start doing what you were doing before. You can add me if you like
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    hiya, i've been with mfp since january and love it. however i've had about 3 weeks off (not entirely sure why, i just fell off the wagon!)
    started weight watchers last week and re-aquanted myself with the gym and today i feel great so im thinking the break might have done me good.
    you can do this and you have plenty people on here to spur you on should you need the encouragement. please feel free to add me xx

3373860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It's only a few days, everyone lapses but the good thing is that you want to get back into it. Add me if you like.
  • britt8507
    britt8507 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me! We can help each other!!!
  • wouterc
    wouterc Posts: 13
    Options
    Was stuck for a bit as well but ready to give it full blast again! You are welcome to add me.
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Hello! I have a whole family on here...........daughter, 3 nieces, 1 son, two sisters................I am on here everyday and would be happy to encourage you when you need it. But beware!!! I have a brain injury and repeat myself quite often, so just take that with a grain of salt. :-)
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over a few days.... heck I would be black and blue for the last 4 days!! I have been here for 8 weeks on Tuesday and lost 28#. This really works... Feel free to add me!!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with the former posts, beating ourselves up won't help. I like what one lady said especially, draw a line under it, and start anew. I am having to do the same. After going to the gym for over 14 monts 5-6 days a week, and losing over 60 lbs, I've gone "off the wagon" for a month. It corresponds to the time I started a new job. I wonder if I exchanged one "high" [exercise, endorphins, weight loss] with another, a job I LOVE!

Anyhow.. tomorrow is Monday and the perfect time to get back to high protein/salad lunches and the gym after work.

You can do it. I can too!! :)
  • barrynikki
    Options
    Hi,im on here most days so feel free to add me,you can do it,forget the past,its the future that counts.:) .
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    We all have days that we slip up. Just start right back up again. You can add me if you would like.

And I like unsweetened oatmeal - just add some cinnamon for flavor!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can always use the support other's give us!
  • eyesofblue7
    Options
    Its ok if we slip up, its what we do about it that really matters. The trick to any hurdle I think is to stand up, dust ourselves off and start were we left off. We onl y human after all. I am new here but I have noticed that everyone seems so friendly and so willing to help someone who is just starting a new program. I am really glad I found you all. Best of Luck
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hi

I put back on everything that I'd lost last week. Restarted yesterday. Going to join a gym next week.

Feel free to add me.x
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've been on for a few weeks now and have found such great support from everyone here. Feel free to add me ~ support is KEY! Best of luck to you ~ you can do it!! :)
  • rachyhanney
    rachyhanney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi there, dont feel bad, we all full of the wagon now and again, just get straight back up and start again, i only joined the site last night so im looking for friends to help me along the way.
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    welcome back! remember, a setback is NOT failure! it's like learning to ride a bike, sometimes you fall off, but you get right back on. you're learning a new skill here, too, and sometimes you might fall. big whoop. :D

feel free to add me, it would be fun to motivate and encourage each other!
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, just last night - well Welcome!

When you do your exercise, remember to log it - it adds allowable calories to your bank. Even housework! Anyway, looking forward to being friends!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel the same way. You can add me as a friend if you wish.