Coffee Creamer will be my downfall.

Options
13»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Since I only like coffee with a bunch of creamer in it - I account for it in my daily calories. Should I waste 105 calories on creamer? Probably not, but it makes me happy -- so I do it. I don't even notice the calories are gone now since I've been doing it for so long.

If you really like it - account for it in your calories and move on for the day. :) I know I hate black coffee and I like coffee in the morning. I figure it is better than drinking a bunch of pop. :)
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    Does anyone find that almond milk is just not the same as creamer? It's so thin and just doesn't do it for me. I've tried using soy milk before, but I always go right back to the creamers.
    I drink my coffee w/ Evaporated milk.. 40 cals
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    http://www.coffee-mate.com

They are like adding a thickened cream to your coffee. You can get just about any flavor imaginable. It's not in the bean itself but the cream.

So, why not just buy the flavoured beans?

I personally don't think the flavored beans actually have a different flavor. or at least not enough for me. Plus the cream takes away some of the bitter coffee flavor

I agree with you - I don't think the flavored beans are very flavored and it doesn't take away the bitter taste....
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have this exact problem. I recently started to look at the ingredient list on my creamers (coffee mate) and saw that hydrogenated oil was the first ingredient which for me meant it went in the trash. I now use trivia, splash of milk and a few shakes of ground cinnamon. You can also flavor your sugar by putting it in an air tight container with a vanilla bean or cinnamon stick!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    http://www.coffee-mate.com

They are like adding a thickened cream to your coffee. You can get just about any flavor imaginable. It's not in the bean itself but the cream.

So, why not just buy the flavoured beans?

I personally don't think the flavored beans actually have a different flavor. or at least not enough for me. Plus the cream takes away some of the bitter coffee flavor

I agree with you - I don't think the flavored beans are very flavored and it doesn't take away the bitter taste....

The problem seems to be drinking coffee when you don't actually like coffee! The bitterness is an aquired taste, for sure, but that is what coffee tastes like. Ask an Italian!
  • ivette512
    ivette512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try a combination of both (milk and creamer). I use skim milk and the french vanilla creamer. This way I can get my coffee lighter and get the flavor of the creamer while sticking to the serving size, I sweeten with truvia. I also only have a cup a day.