Bone broth and other reset diets? Worth it?

Options
Hi. After a long stressful 6 months, I’d like to reset - eating better, feeling lighter, etc. Strangely, I’m the same weight I was 6 months ago — i just knew I had gained a lot of weight - but my clothes feel about the same or only just a tad tighter? I’m contributing this to the two progressive strength training programs
I was on (strong curves and thinner leaner stronger) during these 6 months and some walking. My goal was to lose about 15 pounds, I clearly did not and feel sluggish and bloated. A group of friends started this 21 day bone broth diet that seems tempting, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. It’s the summer, my birthday is coming up, other celebrations etc. but I’m willing to sacrifice that to get back on track quickly. Have any of you tried this or any other short-term strategy just for a reset they could recommend? I guess i could eat less processed food, drink lots of water, load up on veggies, fruits, etc on my own but thought a structured something could be more successful? Thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    huhhhh?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nah...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight you just need to reduce your calorie intake. If you only have 15 lbs to lose you could do a 250 calorie deficit to lose .5 lb a week. A food scale and logging everything you consume accurately might help you much more than any dietary changes.
    You do not need to do any resets, jumpstarts, cleanses, take supplements, drink special drinks, eat clean or do a particular workout plan to lose weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    I mean if a 21 day bone broth diet means 21 days of pho I'd be ok with that. Either way it's not going to do anything special for you.

On the rare occasions that I am sick I do a Spicy Asian Soup Diet that includes Pho. :smile:
  • kshama2001
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Hi. After a long stressful 6 months, I’d like to reset - eating better, feeling lighter, etc. Strangely, I’m the same weight I was 6 months ago — i just knew I had gained a lot of weight - but my clothes feel about the same or only just a tad tighter? I’m contributing this to the two progressive strength training programs
    I was on (strong curves and thinner leaner stronger) during these 6 months and some walking. My goal was to lose about 15 pounds, I clearly did not and feel sluggish and bloated.

A group of friends started this 21 day bone broth diet that seems tempting, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. It’s the summer, my birthday is coming up, other celebrations etc. but I’m willing to sacrifice that to get back on track quickly.

Have any of you tried this or any other short-term strategy just for a reset they could recommend?

I guess i could eat less processed food, drink lots of water, load up on veggies, fruits, etc on my own but thought a structured something could be more successful? Thoughts? Thanks!

Do you have a link to that "21 day bone broth diet" so we can more effectively critique it?
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I make bone broth for my Dalmatian to encourage him to drink more as the more he drinks the less chance he has of forming stones as they are a high uric acid breed.
    I also make it for stock to make gravy and as much as I love gravy dont hink Id like to live on it

Ya, nothing sold in a store comes close to the yumminess of home made bone stock, which I use for cooking and not for drinking or dieting.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I was on (strong curves and thinner leaner stronger) during these 6 months and some walking. My goal was to lose about 15 pounds, I clearly did not and feel sluggish and bloated. A group of friends started this 21 day bone broth diet that seems tempting, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. It’s the summer, my birthday is coming up, other celebrations etc. but I’m willing to sacrifice that to get back on track quickly. Have any of you tried this or any other short-term strategy just for a reset they could recommend? I guess i could eat less processed food, drink lots of water, load up on veggies, fruits, etc on my own but thought a structured something could be more successful? Thoughts? Thanks!

I am willing to bet it won't be as tempting when your friends are about halfway through the 21 days assuming any of them make it that far.

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If bone broth is something you enjoy and it is only a part of a well balanced diet drink away. I personally couldn't think of anything worse. Reminds me too much of getting prepped for a colonoscopy.