Another Newbie!

Options
Hi! I'm Rebecca! A good friend of mine turned me on to this place and WOW! What a difference! Just by using the calorie tracker I'm already down my first 10 lbs. I have about 60 more to go, but what an encouragement it is losing the first 10. I don't exercise much, but I chase 5 kids all day. But, adding exercise will be the next step. I knew that first thing for me was getting my eating under control. One step at a time!

Replies

• ViciousReemo
    Options
    cool
    thats really nice
    good luck for the next 60lbs :)
  • skylinekt
    Options
    Keep it up! Hooray for you for getting started, and best wishes!!!
  • luckyandme
    luckyandme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am new to this site as of about a week ago. Haven't weighed myself but the calorie tracker and work out tracker is pretty cool. It really helps make me think about what I am eating and such to see it right in front of me. The other great thing is don't forget to log it say you go to the mall and walk the mall while shopping for say a half hour. It all adds up. I think in about 20 minutes of walking slow paced as I logged it because we were totally just browsing walmart it estimated that I burned about 60 calories during that time. More if you have a kid your carrying around or what not. Kind of cool. This site is great. Can't weight to actually step on a scale and see if there is a difference because I've found that I want to get to the gym more because I am kind of a posting junky...lol...facebook and what not so I like to post my workouts even though I'm the only one looking so it motivates me a little to get to the gym my goal number of days. only missed one day last week :) So far so good. Don't have a scale though...might just have to get one so I can track my actual weight loss which of course is the whole idea. Good luck.
  • RebeccaKF
    RebeccaKF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It really helps make me think about what I am eating and such to see it right in front of me.

Exactly!! That's how it's helping me too. I find myself making better food choices and really putting thought into what I eat rather than eating mindlessly.
  • DebbieYost
    Options
    You're definitely getting exercise by chasing five kids all day! Congrats on your 10 lb. weight loss...that's a great start and motivating factor. It is really a jaw dropping wake-up call when we now can actually see the calories, fat, etc. we've been
    mistreating our bodies with. I had no idea of all the extras piling up until I started tracking. This is a great site...full of
    support and those dealing with the same issues. Keep up the good work!
  • janetj518
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You are absolutely right, one step at a time!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • tiny33
    tiny33 Posts: 13
    Options
    u can do it