Pre workout supplement

Options
2»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have a pre-workout before my morning run, it's a caffeine free one, but it works. Don't know if it's just a placebo effect or not, but anything that helps me drag my butt outta bed and get my run in before the hellish Texas sun comes up is fine by me.
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Use extend go yesterday for the first time. It’s a bcca plus caffeine. Different than amino emerge. I work out toward the end of my 18 hour intermittent fast. I noticed a difference in effort towards the end of my work out vs. just plain caffeine. I know I don’t work out hard enough to get the full benefit of a bcca supplement. But for a dollar a day per scoop. compared to a Starbucks or monster. I’ll switch for a month
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Curiously following this thread. I used to use a pre called GAT I think. It made me tingly, and I seemed to feel stronger at least thru the first half of my routine.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    I love a pre-workout in the morning.

Yes they are part of the fad/money makers .... most stuff you can buy is - and a lot of the stuff in them is dubious to say the least, BCAAS, thermogenics etc, its debatable they do anything

so why do I take one.

(1) Motivation to get out of bed at 4am and hit the gym. I just plain love the theater and routine of getting up, making blue raz flavoured drink, pulling the hood over my head and getting down to it. - it works for me, and in the fitness game you have to do what works for you, not what works for someone else

(2) Caffeine - a coffee has 80mg of caffine .. its pretty weaksauce compared to the whopping 300+mg of caffine in a PW - its 4am, I want 300mg of caffine .. BOOOOOM !

(3) Beta alanine - it makes your face tingle - allegedly its useful, but to be honest a tingling face lets me know its working and puts me in the zone

(4) Nitric oxide - it gives you a pump .. protruding veins, bigger looking muscles - again its motivation to keep pulling, pressing and squatting qwhen you catch a glimps of yourself in the tank of the Triumph Thruxton next to you and think "yeah, I look ripped"

(5) Creatine - saves me having to measure out creatine ... of course if you dont use it, then get one without it

Currently I use GAT no-creatine Pre and when I go back on the creatine I'll use either C4 or N.O explode

For me its a mental thing - its one of my motivations, I just dont get the same excitement from drinking 4 coffees .. coffee ? .... I love it, trust me, I even roast my own beans ... but the theater for me in coffee is one for post workout/ride relaxing espressos that I can savour the taste .. that and there just isnt enough caffeine in a coffee

Couldn't have said it better myself. Without it, it's doubtful I'd get out of bed at 4:30am to work out and I certainly would have a crappy workout. With it.. it's full on sweat time!
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’ve been working out regularly for 6 months now, and started using a pre workout suggested to me by a buddy who’s been using it for a while. I started using it 3 months ago.

For me, there is a huge difference between using it and not using it. I didn’t believe it until I tried it. Is it for everyone? I don’t know. I just know it works for me.