Coffee Creamer alternatives to Half n Half?

Options

Replies

• BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate sugar free creamers, or 1/3 carton of a Premier protein shake.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking my coffee with 1TBS of coconut milk (the kind for cooking that is just pure coconut milk without additives). Pop it in the blender with my 7-8 oz of coffee and it tastes enough like a latte to make me happy. 33 calories per cup x 3 cups = 99 calories
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Smart *kitten* comment....Black

All kidding aside, I used to drink mine with half and half as well. I drink a ton of coffee through out the day so all that cream added up. I started drinking it black, I didn't like it at first but now it is the only way I will drink it even though now the half and half would be workable.

I have also mixed up a protein shake and used it as a creamer as another idea.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    As a coffee addict - I feel your pain! I've tried the lo-cal substitutes and they just don't cut it...yuck. And forget using regular milk or even worse skim eee ghads no hehe. In the end I wound up just going with moderation. I limit myself to 2 cups a day (cups!! not a venti or even a grande, just an 8 oz cup) and I drink it how I like it, a wee bit of sugar and good ole half and half, no skimping!! I log it and call it day!
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream. It is more calories but it is real food and you can skip eating anything else for breakfast. 2 Oz in my coffee keeps me from thinking about any food/lunch til 1-2 in the afternoon.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I switched to tea with a splash of milk. I just can't do coffee without proper creamer, but like you, I was putting at least 100 calories worth of cream in it so had to cut it out. Not completely, I still have it on the weekends with breakfast.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Just use less. Cut back gradually so you get used to it. Non-dairy creamers aren't any better for the most part.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I switched from Coffeemate flavored creamer to Nutpods. They are a blend of coconut and almond milk. Much less sweet, but now I prefer it that way and can't stand sweet coffee! I think it's 20 cal a serving.
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Agree with the unsweetened cashew milk - very low calorie - 25/cup I believe. I buy the Silk brand.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I just use the half and half. I figure that it’s 20 calories per tablespoon, so even 1/4 cup would still be less than 100 calories. And 1/4 cup of creamer makes A LOT of cups of coffee. When push comes to shove, I’ll use whole milk.

Adding sugar to your coffee is really where the calories start to add up, IMO.
  • RandiFat2Fit
    RandiFat2Fit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've found that Silk ORIGINAL coconut milk (80 cals per 240 ml) is my favorite. It's creamy and a little sweet. I use it in place of milk for cereal too.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like one or two TBS of half n half with the sf syrups.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Coconut/almond blend or just coconut in my iced coffee. I prefer my hot coffee black though.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use light 5% cream. 10 calories/tbsp.
    Thinking about trying the cashew milk now though due to this thread.
  • Tara150mfp
    Tara150mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fyi i found a half and half that is fat free, 10 cal per tbsp.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Tara150mfp wrote: »
    Fyi i found a half and half that is fat free, 10 cal per tbsp.

I have no idea why that crap is allowed to be labeled "half and half". It's no such thing.
    I use light 5% cream. 10 calories/tbsp.

Light cream is, unfortunately, not available everywhere. I've actually never heard of "5% light cream". At least here in the US, where you can get light cream it's 20%, as opposed to heavy cream at 38%, whipping cream at 35%, half-and-half at about 12%, and whole milk at 3.5%.
  • 22Gnomes
    22Gnomes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried coconut milk and cashew milk thanks to this thread, and I could weep with joy...I am almost completely weaned off the CoffeeMate!
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms.....0 Calories. A lot of different flavors too
  • rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Personally I just take it black, no sugar. That way you can actually taste the coffee. It is amazing how many different but often minute flavour differences there are in various coffees once you stop buying the mass market stuff.

Same with bread, no butter or margarine, you can actually taste the bread, white bread has no taste but whole wheat or rye breads have fantastic tastes.

It will take a while to get used to it but IMHO well worth the effort in terms of taste enjoyment. Less calories is a nice side effect too.
  • Moolatta
    Moolatta Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've been using unsweetened almond milk. It's not bad! I've even drank it black a few times when there was no alternative, but that definitely takes some getting used to :neutral: