Any good Overnight oats with chocolate protein powder?

Options
raven56706
raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
i have seen others come up with good mixes for vanilla protein powder but i havent seen much of chocolate protein powder

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'd say the protein flavour in most recipes would be interchangeable. If you add extras just make them things that pair nicely with chocolate
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this question too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal with chocolate protein powder all the time, but not overnight oats.

I just mix the powder and almond milk in a shaker, add it to oats, a little cinnamon and salt, and microwave for a minute. I add frozen berries, too, usually strawberries or raspberries.
  • Jaimeclmt
    Jaimeclmt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't used protein powder in overnight oats, but for regular oatmeal I like putting in chocolate protein powder, PBFit, bananas, and pecans/ walnuts. I'm sure it would work fine cold, though!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder + cocoa powder + PB2 + banana slices. :smiley:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

put in the banana slices on the day of or at the time of setup?
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I use whatever flavour protein powder we have ... They are all fine. Chocolate is super nice with cherries though!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like Better Oats Bare. They're plain and basic, you can add anything you like. I don't even make them overnight just add any extra ingredients you like, grab-N-go. The sky is not the limit.

00042400201939.GIF.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just did this today...1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup coconut almond milk, 1/2 cup fat free yogurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, a few blueberries and I confess, a few sugar free chocolate chips, dash of sea salt and a few drops of vanilla. It was excellent.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have used chocolate powder. I usually add peanut butter during prep and bananas the day I'm eating it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I do like BP and bananas with chocolate, but the first addition that came to my mind for overnight oats with chocolate PP was raspberries. (And yogurt.)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
  • kdcatt
    kdcatt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use ~25 g oats, ~17-18 g of a flax/chia blend, 10 g of a coffee protein powder (but chocolate would be awesome) and ~110-120 ml of almond/cashew milk blend. Add a sugar sub of your choice if you want it a little sweeter.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »

put in the banana slices on the day of or at the time of setup?

Depends on what consistency you prefer. Time of set up- mushier banana, soaks up some of the flavors of the oats and protein. Day of eating - banana is as a banana is.