Hysterectomy and stalled weight loss

Options
chrissietiny
chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
I have, probably a stupid question. Seven years ago, I had a hysterectomy and was immediately put on estrogen. I stopped taking it a few years ago and struggle to lose weight. Will the lack of estrogen hinder my weight loss now? Could it be the cause of my slow or non existent weight loss?

Replies

• hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I think estrogen levels could play a factor in your desire to be active, or a tendency to overeat. Honestly though, if you're weighing your food and you're at a genuine deficit, then no, I don't for one moment think that your hormone levels are preventing weight loss. It's far more likely looking at your diary entries, that you aren't weighing all of the food you log and are probably consuming more than you think. I'm not judging, I don't weigh all of mine either, but I'm still losing weight regularly. I have no doubt that if I ever stop losing, I'll be using a food scale to get the bathroom scale moving again.
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll have to start weighing again. Just trying to get used to logging my foods again. I think another issue I have is drinking too much monster drinks and diet coke, maybe.
    I am going to get my a1c and thyroid checked again too.

Thank you for replying