Anyone doing weight watchers?

Options
I did weight watchers in the past and dropped 35 pounds but stopped when I couldn't afford it anymore. I still have all the books and calculator so I can technically still do it at home & just weigh myself every week. I still want to use MFP for the support and tracking my exercises I just feel going back on weight watchers might help with my plateau since it worked for me in the past. I will weigh myself in the morning so that Monday will be my official weigh in day every week.

Feel free to add me as a friend so we can keep track & be weight watcher buddies! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I did WW too. Lost 38lbs. Came here to try something different but i still log in to WW. I'm in WW as misscoco09.
  • aparks1177
    Options
    I don't do WW anymore, but if you google angelfire recipes you can find a whole bunch of free WW recipes. Good luck on your journey!
  • xcmom
    xcmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost around 70 pounds with WW before they started the new Points Plus system. I put about 12 pounds back on after having major surgery about 10 months ago & the holiday season. With the Points Plus plan I was losing & gaining the same 4 pounds or so. So, I'm no longer counting points but still going to meetings because I wanted to be lifetime since being so close. As of today I'm less than a pound from my WW goal. I'm logging my food on here & have much more success than I was with WW the last few months. Sending you a friend request.
  • EMQuinn52
    EMQuinn52 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I joined WW 2 weeks before they rolled out the new plan. I lost about 29lbs in 4 months and then got word that my husband's job was relocating him immediately to Las Vegas from Dallas...which left me to attempt selling our house & dealing with everything for our 2& 4 yr old by myself. I know I could have tried harder and kept up with the weight loss, but being unable to do my 5am workouts with my wonderful workout group of ladies and having countless showings which forced us to eat dinner out...killed my motivation. That process took about 4 months to sell/relocate myself & my kids to Vegas and I've gained back 6lbs. The 6 lbs aren't really bothering me as much as the 4 months of stalled weight loss are. I need to get back into it and without the WW meetings & my workout gals, I just can't seem to stick to it.

HOWEVER...I done with the excuses. I drink WAY too much pop, eat way too much fast food and put too much cream in my coffee(s) every morning...enough is enough. And this is what brought me here!!!!

I'm just starting out on here, but I'd love to have some new weight loss buddies to partner up with on this lifelong journey!!

Please feel free to friend me!!
    Thanks!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I did WW about 3 years ago and lost about 35 lbs. Then I stopped going to the meetings and online because I couldn't afford it anymore..... and I got really tired of counting points. So... within 2 years I gained everything back! I thought about joining again, but a family member sent me the link to this site, and I find it much more appealing to be able to just count calories instead of having to figure out points all the time. I think MFP and WW are very similar...... especially the online experience..... I just find counting calories easier.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs on WW. I find that the points and MFP calories add up to about the same give or take a few. I have all the books, but I just can't do the $40 a month at this time. I did like going to the meetings because I felt like I couldn't cheat since someone else was weighing me, but I hope to keep that same attitude now.
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW online and MFP. I'm in Guam so we don't have meetings. I lost a few pounds but just started about a week and a half ago. So we will see.
  • Carolyn204
    Carolyn204 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine just started Weight Watchers, and so I told her that I would do it with her. However, I do not plan on attending the meetings, because they are at the same time as my yoga class. I am looking on ebay, or may have her buy an extra set of books for me. I have done it before, but never liked going to the meetings because I never felt comfortable. I have around 50 lbs to lose, but at the location where I was going, people would make comments about my not having to lose as much as most of the rest of the group - it just made me feel like they thought I didn't have a right to be there. Anyway, I am going to try it out and see how it goes. I will continue to log things here too though, as the enviroment is much more supportive. :0)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in May 2010. I lost over 50 lbs in about 8 months. In May of 2011, I joined MFP to maintain. I really wasn't that sold on the Points Plus System. MFP has been working for me.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did WW last year and lost 36lbs between March and August. I got sidetracked by my father-in-law became ill and passed last October. I tried to get back into it when they rolled out the new plan, but just couldn't. I found this site and it's been a life saver for me, because I love the WW community (I did the online plan) and this community is just as good, if not a little better.

I do still tend to count how many points are in my food, lol. Add me if you like - I'm always looking for new friends. :)