Pomegranates

Options
Are pomegranates helpful in losing weight?

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Any food is helpful in losing weight as long as you weigh it accurately, log it accurately, and it doesn't put you over your caloric goal.

ETA to add these useful questions: do you like pomegranates? Do they or can they replace some other food which you might overeat? Are they a helpful swap for you, in that maybe instead of eating 700 calories of chips or cheese or whatever, you might instead enjoy a nice pomegranate for fewer calories? These are the questions behind the question you asked.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you like them? Do they fit into your daily intake? Then yes, cuz yummy.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    They're delicious as can be, low calorie, and if you don't have to keep your sugar intake down, I encourage you to eat them. At 24 grams of sugar per cup, they're not a food I get to enjoy much :'( (Gout.) But if you like them and they fit with your nutrition goals, enjoy!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    There's no magic in them (or any other food) that speeds up weight loss or makes it easier - but if you enjoy them and can fit them in your calories, there's certainly nothing wrong with them.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I dont think they have any special weight loss properties but they are delicious!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No foods are helpful in losing weight. You lose weight when you're in a sustained calorie deficit, which just means "eat less, move more". Any behavior or attitude that makes eating less and/or moving more, easier, helps you sustain a calorie deficit. You still have to eat less/move more.