Restarting

Options
Voiseyjr
Voiseyjr Posts: 5 Member
So after a terrible journey with WW (3 months and a 3lb loss even when 100%) I've decided to start back with this again.

I have 9 stone to lose and hoping to get 1/3 way by xmas time.

My main issue is lunch ideas for work and also dinner ideas at home but I'm scouring the net for ideas

Replies

• xionax
    xionax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm similar but I went to Slimming World. 100% and lost minuscule pounds. So I'm coming back to MFP which works better.

Here and also Pinterest is good for ideas. I recently got an app called 'tasty' that has some great simple meal ideas.

Good Luck!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Do not cut out certain foods because you think they are "bad" or "unhealthy".

Log all of your information into MFP in the guided setup and set realistic goals.
    Eat/cook what you like, but buy a food scale to learn correct portion size.
    Eat at a deficit (the number MFP gives you) and eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories earned.

You do not have to exercise to lose weight, but it will help you earn more calories so you can eat more and still be in a deficit.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Voiseyjr wrote: »

My main issue is lunch ideas for work and also dinner ideas at home but I'm scouring the net for ideas

What is available to you at work? Do you have a refrigerator or microwave? I will often freeze leftovers from dinner into single servings and take those with me to work when I need a quick nutritious lunch, but it relies on your being able to reheat them. Sometimes I will make an entire meal just to portion it out and freeze it if it's a meal that freezes well. Pasta dishes, rice dishes, lean meats and many veggies all freeze fairly well. Also Pinterest is a goldmine for healthy recipes.
  • babyblueskie
    babyblueskie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Add me always looking for friends and give support.
  • Voiseyjr
    Voiseyjr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all xx been dieting ling enough to know not to cut loads out because it's "unhealthy but loads is cut out anyway due to allergies and medical issues so it's all good xx

Thanks for your support xx
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I am getting back on my weight loss journey as well. Feel free to add me if you'd like a new friend. We've got this! :)