Confused

Options
AnnaBanana5010
AnnaBanana5010 Posts: 55 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
I gained seven pounds and I lost 2 inches . I also look thinner . I have a better shape. What’s going on I do not lift weights . I also do not have progression photos. I have to start doing that . Iam worried I made a mistake and I gained something back .. I also am really much much stronger than I was before .

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In what time frame?
  • AnnaBanana5010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    One week I noticed it the extra seven pounds on the scale about 8 days ago ..
  • BridgetPrzy
    BridgetPrzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts have you been doing? Have you had any major medical issues in the past? Sudden large weight gains could be a side effect of a medical problem. How are you feeling overall?
  • AnnaBanana5010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    What kind of workouts have you been doing? Have you had any major medical issues in the past? Sudden large weight gains could be a side effect of a medical problem. How are you feeling overall?
    Iam clinically deppressed .. it’s really hard ..sometimes I struggle just to get out of bed . Right now Iam not in as much physical pain as I was. I am slowly coming out of it. A week or two ago I had so much pain in my body literally everything hurt . I still have some chronic stress. . Right now I have some fatigue and everything is sore like all the time .. I do jump rope, Pilates , stationary bike , sometimes I just walk .
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just some things to consider: when are you weighing yourself? Make sure you’re consistent about that wearing the same amount of clothes or nude after your first trip to the bathroom before consuming anything. You say you’re stronger and have lost inches so perhaps you have gained muscle mass, but 8 lbs is quite a lot. Maybe just ditch the scale for a while and just measure as your gage for a while. If you look and feel thinner then you’re definitely losing fat, the scale might be making you crazy!
  • AnnaBanana5010
    Options
    vallary14 wrote: »
    Just some things to consider: when are you weighing yourself? Make sure you’re consistent about that wearing the same amount of clothes or nude after your first trip to the bathroom before consuming anything. You say you’re stronger and have lost inches so perhaps you have gained muscle mass, but 8 lbs is quite a lot. Maybe just ditch the scale for a while and just measure as your gage for a while. If you look and feel thinner then you’re definitely losing fat, the scale might be making you crazy!
    I keep trying to ditch the scale. I think I need to hide it from myself ! I weigh in the morning ! Yes I thought eight pounds was a lot too.. thank you for your help .
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Since you’re seeing physical improvements, and it’s only been a week to go up 7 pounds...any chance your scale is malfunctioning?

I have terrible weight swings, so I can definitely “gain” 7 lbs in a week if I eat lots of salty food, weigh myself at night, etc. but I usually feel pretty rubbish and my pants don’t fit right when I’m that bloated. What you’re describing really doesn’t sound like that.