FOOTBALL!!! :D Whats your go-to gameday snack!?!?

Options
ShelbyLB
ShelbyLB Posts: 431
I'm sure a lot of people share the EXCITEMENT with me.....WAHOOOO FOR FOOTBALL SEASON!! :D

Does anyone have any snacks that are a MUST during games? wings? beer? dips?

Its hard NOT to over-indulge with gameday snacks...but I'm hoping to find some DELISH low(er) calorie ones for this season..:)

Replies

• margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh! Oh! Oh! I have a great one that I love!
    Black bean and corn salsa! I adapted it from kraftfoods.com if you want to see the original/whole thing, but basically:
    Bag os frozen corn
    Can of black beans, rinsed
    Cilantro
    Lime juice
    Diced onion (love it with red but they are usually too $$)
    Diced jalapeños
    Diced tomato
    Little bit of fresh pressed garlic
    Mix in a big bowl then season to taste with: salt, cumin, pepper, garlic power, etc. I don't measure so I keep throwing seaonings in until I like it.
    The simple cerium of the seasoning is to use the packet of zesty Italian dressing mix.

Make sense?!? :D
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES chicken wing dip. It's a dip that you dunk tostitoes in, but it tastes like buffalo wings! It's so bad and so good!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!
    Gummi Peaches for touchdowns.
    French bread with cream cheese pizza dip.
    Beer
  • HollyMcCaw
    Options
    Pizza!!!
    Gummi Peaches for touchdowns.
    French bread with cream cheese pizza dip.
    Beer

Ya I forgot about beer! This is why I need to get to my goal weight before football season..so I can spend the weeks working off Sundays!

What is cream cheese pizza dip?
  • Russellb97
    Options
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Hot-Pizza-Dip-2

(This is the lighter version) Still unhealthy though
    I substitute-
    1/3 fat cream cheese
    2% mozzarella cheese shredded
  • HollyMcCaw
    Options
    Looks good. I make a similar nacho dip. Bottom layer is sour cream and cream cheese mixed together, then salsa, then grated cheese.. if you want to be really bad you can cook ground beef with taco seasoning and add diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce on top!
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Looks good. I make a similar nacho dip. Bottom layer is sour cream and cream cheese mixed together, then salsa, then grated cheese.. if you want to be really bad you can cook ground beef with taco seasoning and add diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce on top!

I want that!
    Hey but if we use the 95-5 or even 93-7 beef it would actually give it some sort of nutritional value with the low-fat protein.

These threads have me getting HUNGRY!
  • FinallyFit28
    FinallyFit28 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi...try hummus and pita or good ol veggie trays. There's so many delicious flavored hummus out there. I prefer the spicy over the garlic though. Take care and enjoy. BTW please feel free to add me on here.
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whooohooo for FOOTBALL! I'm so excited! Last season my husband and I ate all kinds of crap but now that we are cleaning up our habits a lot of our favorites won't make it to game day but that's ok. I am on the hunt for replacements and I found these and already tested them out. They are really good and not bad on calories.
    http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

One one thing that can't change is Beer...it's a must have!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend & I like to have the basics like hommade guacamole (its my speicality) and tostitos scoops & salsa.

For meals we make homemade pizza so we can control the grease/fat that goes in it and so cheap! We also like homemade panko chicken fingers.

Of course whenever its splurge day (which sundays usually end up being cheat day during football) its sliders and wings!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Today I made sweet potato chips in my dehydrator ... They are amazing and a shockingly good substitute for chips!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm fortunate that I"m not a big beer drinker ... but the new Lime beers aren't that bad, especially light.
    I love to have pizza and wings, the hotter the better with bleu cheese of course. I'm going to try to do better this season!! I changed my weigh in date to Sunday mornings, anticipating that Sunday will be a "bad" day, that way I have the rest of the week to work it off!! ;)

So, what team is everyone a fan of??

Pittsburgh Steeler fan here!! Gooooo PIT!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ehhh bourbon :(

College football days are a disaster of bourbon and pizza. I'll have to think of healthier recipes. I make a great homeade guacamole.

Even veggies would be great dipped in it.

And GOoooooo Hokies!
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Any REALLY low calorie(75 or less) recipes?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am so hype OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!! I watch the Skins and Steelers tonight!
    It depends on the time of the game. If it is at dinner time then I just eat a normal dinner. If it is early or ai late game I may eat popcorn and peanuts and diet soda. I love to make a sinfully sweet smoothie but it is really healthy because I use fresh fruit greek yogurt and splenda or stevia. Sometimes I make a healthy version of a hoagie or sub, pizza (I make my own). and or my new favorite make my own quesadillas!
    Happy deh deh deh deeeeh! Deh deh he heh! LOOL!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I can't believe they lost to the Redskins!!!!! Ugh!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES chicken wing dip. It's a dip that you dunk tostitoes in, but it tastes like buffalo wings! It's so bad and so good!

I make that with baked chicken (no skin/bones) breast - lite ranch dressing, franks hot sauce, cheddar cheese and fat free cream cheese. Hey - we can't be good ALL THE TIME!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that I"m not a big beer drinker ... but the new Lime beers aren't that bad, especially light.

I ♥ Bud LIght LIme - but I switched to MGD 64 when I want a beer -and surprisingly - when I drink this, I usually weigh 2# less the next day. My guess is because it's like water - any thoughts????
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    layered taco dip....
    instead of cream cheese and sour cream mixed together with the taco seasoning, I use fat free cream cheese and greek yogurt... tastes the same and a ton less calories!
  • KuhlFIT
    KuhlFIT Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to deal with this very soon. Thank you for starting this... it will help with making good choices during the tail gates that we have every weekend.