what's a favorite movie of yours that's not well known

Options
michelestedman
michelestedman Posts: 1 Member
My favorite movie that's not well-known is Gone With The Wind. What's yours?

Replies

• ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can watch True Stories, a David Byrne movie, anytime. It's so very odd and yet, it's so satisfying.
  • barefootboatnik
    barefootboatnik Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sukiyaki Western Django
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    They're pretty well known but I really like Paper Moon & Meet me in St. Louis.

A lot more, but I'm feeling blank right now.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    basket case 1,2 and 3!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Sukiyaki Western Django
    UHF

Ah, people after my own heart. :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    A very eclectic list off the top of my head - The Quiet Man, Somewhere in Time, Milagro Beanfield War, Kinky Boots, Amelie.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Neverending Story
    The Sandlot
    Electric Dragon 80000V
    Grave of the Fireflies
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kung Fu Hustle.

so funny , love alot of horror , like tale of 2 sisters , old boy , itchy the killer , also not horror , but Hero , House of 1000 daggers , crouching tiger hidden dragon , so many movies to love .
  • saymyname2
    Options
    Kung Fu Hustle.

so funny , love alot of horror , like tale of 2 sisters , old boy , itchy the killer , also not horror , but Hero , House of 1000 daggers , crouching tiger hidden dragon , so many movies to love .

ichi the killer is on my top 10 fav movies
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    Kung Fu Hustle.

Are you a fan of the "Vengeance" series, too? (Old Boy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance)
  • saymyname2
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    Kung Fu Hustle.

Are you a fan of the "Vengeance" series, too? (Old Boy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance)

Ive seen old boy but not the others... now i have something to watch tonight thanks!
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My favorite movie that's not well-known is Gone With The Wind. What's yours?
    My favorite movies are the ones we make at home.

Gone with the Wind is so well known it’s got its own museum. It’s also so famous that you can tour the apartment that Margaret Mitchell lived in when she wrote it. It’s a pretty well known movie.

This was the first thing that popped into my mind. I mean if that is not a well known movie it feels like no movies are. Neverending Story and Grave of the Fireflies also feel pretty well known, but ye they are great movies!

Hundhotellet
    Triangle
    The Idealist
    Let the Right One In(låt den rätte komma in) The book is better but the movie is good too.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    great idea for a thread...

I have many; here's a few:

Robert Deniro & Jerry Lewis (it's a very dark comedy)

p6785_p_v8_aa.jpg?1473789340

Gary Olman killing it (with Sean Penn, Robin Wright, Ed Harris, John Reilly etc.

state-of-grace-movie-poster-1990-1020210002.jpg

David Mamet's

19511168.jpg