Muscle soreness and dark urine

Options
My muscles were sore and stiff. I couldn't flex them before but I can now flex them but they're not going down and my worry is that my urine is dark brown. What should I do?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. Soon.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Quite possibly dehydrated.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    smcgrath45 wrote: »
    Are you eating or fasting? Doing a Keto diet? I was reading up on health issues and that is one of the symptoms of your body not being able to properly burn fat. I read it's not so rare. I came across it because I had chest pains today and that is also a symptom. https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/1120/carnitine-palmitoyl-transferase-1-deficiency

Can also be kidney injury, liver failure, or rhabdo. Dude needs a doctor, not a link to some rare diseases so he can self-diagnose.

^^^This.

OP: Please go to the hospital or at the very least, a walk-in clinic.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sounds like rhabdo. Get to a doc ASAP.
  • joshdan507
    joshdan507 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    smcgrath45 wrote: »
    Are you eating or fasting? Doing a Keto diet? I was reading up on health issues and that is one of the symptoms of your body not being able to properly burn fat. I read it's not so rare. I came across it because I had chest pains today and that is also a symptom. https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/1120/carnitine-palmitoyl-transferase-1-deficiency

I'm certainly not on keto diet. I think I did a little bit too much of hand programme
  • joshdan507
    Options
    Sounds like rhabdo. Get to a doc ASAP.

Thanks
  • joshdan507
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Quite possibly dehydrated.

So should I drink lots of water and see if the myoglobin will flush out?
  • joshdan507
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you're not at the doctor's office already, you're making a big mistake. Get there now. Nobody can diagnose you over the internet, but rhabdomyolysis sounds like a definite possibility, and that's nothing to mess around with.

My doctor insisted I take ibuprofen for the inflammation and lots of water to help flush out the myoglobin from my system
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    joshdan507 wrote: »
    My muscles were sore and stiff. I couldn't flex them before but I can now flex them but they're not going down and my worry is that my urine is dark brown. What should I do?

Drink more water! #1 cause of dark urine is dehydration. Also, dehydration leads to muscle cramping and soreness. I am a desert rat, I easily drink 2 gallons of water a day to combat the water I lose from sweat.
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Did everything turn out okay?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,404 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »

Drink more water! #1 cause of dark urine is dehydration. Also, dehydration leads to muscle cramping and soreness. I am a desert rat, I easily drink 2 gallons of water a day to combat the water I lose from sweat.

Dark brown urine is different than dark urine from dehydration. Anything brown in the urine should warrant an immediate visit to ER, nothing else.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »

Dark brown urine is different than dark urine from dehydration. Anything brown in the urine should warrant an immediate visit to ER, nothing else.

OP had another thread describing it as brown/reddish brown. Definitely requires a doctor.