NuSI circling the drain

Options
AnvilHead
AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
https://www.wired.com/story/how-a-dollar40-million-nutrition-science-crusade-fell-apart/

Gary Taubes' ambitious nutrition research project is on life support, and the studies commissioned by NuSI themselves have failed to show any scientific merit to their own theories.

At least maybe Taubes has had a moment of enlightenment and self-realization:
“I say this to my wife all the time: ‘Maybe I’m a quack.’ All quacks are sure they’re right. Isn’t that the defining characteristic of a quack?..."

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    For the sole purpose of being provocative, does NuSI = Keto?
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I was going to feel bad for the people he milked 40 million from until the article pointed out that they are just funding other people doing the same research. Clearly the money is coming with an agenda.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @New_Heavens_Earth I don't know but he was way ahead of his time. I kick myself in the rearend when I read through it because all of things I've tried are on that list.
    boring-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793763.  They say,whoever they are, that's there nothing worse than a reformed smoker or a reformed drinker or a reformed dieter. ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    @New_Heavens_Earth I don't know but he was way ahead of his time. I kick myself in the rearend when I read through it because all of things I've tried are on that list.
    boring-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793763.  They say,whoever they are, that's there nothing worse than a reformed smoker or a reformed drinker or a reformed dieter. ;)

Me too. But I can think of a few new names who need to be added on.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    "Me too. But I can think of a few new names who need to be added on."

There are some here who could write their own book. Would it sell without a dieting platform, miracle weight loss cure, maybe. People want magic and enjoy imaginary thinking that will help them lose 25 lbs in only 30 days. snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793778.