weightloss help

Options
i have 1200 calories a day i started off at 182 pounds am now 145 lbs a week a go i was 140lbs and my bmi is saying 24.9 am i doing something wrong?

Replies

• bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    It may happen if you are not counting your calories accurately.
    Or, your scale may be defunct.
    Or, you weighed yourself at different times of the day.
    Or, some of the weight is water weight.
    Or, you gained muscle weight.

There are a lot of contributing factors to this!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi bex. not sure if you are going or doing anythink wrong as we all have days or weeks when it puts on weight but stick with it and see how you going in a few days and if you want to add me as a friend then feel free
  • fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    So many variables...like what you are eating & type of exercise. Example-if weight training, muscle is much denser & heavier than fat. Example-1200 calories of the wrong foods is not going to allow weight loss. Can't see your diary so no way to tell. Hope this helps?
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't go by weight go by inches lost. These last 2 months I lost 4lbs, but I lost 4 inches from my stomach and 3 from my belt line. I remember one day I got on the scale I was down 6lbs in 2 days. The next day I was up 7lbs higher than before. Don't worry about weight, and BMI is not a good measurment either, it's highly inaccurate. Tiger woods, micheal jordan, george bush are all considered OBESE to the BMI index.
  • bextoye
    bextoye Posts: 46
    Options
    thanks for all your advice and i eat mainly vegtables, fruit i do occasionaly have the odd treat which am now gonna cut out, i do 30-40 mins cardio and also weights for 10 mins then i do the nike training app for my abs and legs etc also i didnt realise about the waist measurements am gonna start doing that thanks x am als gonna throw away my scales lol x