Help with fatigue?

I have a 1 year old and I'm always exhausted. I stay at home with her so I'm not working right now. I am very hands on and play with her all day and try to clean while she naps. The problem is I have no energy to exercise. I have tried pre-workout drinks but it doesn't help much. My doctor prescribed phentermine, which did give me energy, but I stopped after a week because the side effects were hard to handle.

I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to improve my energy levels. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    how much are you eating? i know for me, low calorie leaves me little to no energy to work out
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Is your sleep okay? I have apnea and getting that treated help. I still have fatigue but it is not as bad. I am seeing a pulmonologist who treats sleep disorders. She told me to keep losing weight because that helps apnea and to get physically checked out. (She also gave some diet advice, but I am not sure if it is correct).

She mentioned a medication, nuvigil. My insurance does not cover that but I may try something similar. I don't know how similar it is to what you tried.

There are health conditions like anemia and hypothyroid that can cause fatigue.

And chasing after a 1 year old is tiring in itself.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Maybe clean part of the time she's awake, and nap when she naps? Are you eating enough?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I'd also suggest looking to your deficit to see if you need to eat a bit more.

That said, I was basically tired until mine were about 3 years old. Sorry :confused:
  • lifewithlucy
    lifewithlucy Posts: 2 Member
    I just downloaded this app today to track my food intake, so I'm not sure how many calories I eat yet. I'm going to track them for a week or so and then look into that.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2018
    Are you eating carbs? They give you energy. Just don’t overdo it. Dehydration is also a cause of fatigue. Drink 64 oz of water each day.