I did the Warrior Dash!!!

Options
I was so nervous.... I never thought I would be able to do something like this. It was such an exhilarating and amazing experience!!!!!

Replies

• drsteph01
    Options
    That's awesome. I've been thinking about trying to do something like that within the next couple years. I live overseas right now but will moving to Texas next summer. Any tips for physical preparation that you can share.
  • nikkijedlo
    nikkijedlo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! I want to do this when it comes to WI in September! It looks awesome!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cool!!! Got to be a very fun run.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I haave been training for a 10 K and 2 half marathons, so that really took care of what I needed for Warrior Dash. In NY, it involved running up a mountain, so I would train for hills and mountains. Other than that, it wasn't an intensely hard race - more mentally messing with your head - being up high, things like that....

And rolling in a LOT of mud!!!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i saw your pics, congrats on finishing it
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I did a Warrior Dash a month ago in Barrie, Ontario as well. It was awesome ! Hardest thing I've ever done, but it was a blast and I recommend it to everyone ! Lots of hills... really STEEP hills...so anyone planning on trying this should definitely get some training runs in on some long, steep inclines. We were running at a ski resort, up and down the ski trails. The mud part was interesting...rolling in it was fun, having it weigh your shoes down so that your legs felt like tree stumps...not so much :) I think what I liked the best about the event was how well organized it was. There were 11,000 people there and it ran as smoothly as any event I've been involved in. It was a nice, welcome change from my normal running races. Glad you had fun...