will the lack of protein affect my gains?

Options
trey52424
trey52424 Posts: 24 Member
I reach my calorie goal, for macros I get way more than enough carbs, stay in or below the fat, but I can't seem to get in my protein. Is it damaging my gains?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What are your stats and goals (physique, calorie and protein)... How much protein do you actually eat?
  • trey52424
    Options
    I get less than 47g
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yes, it could be a problem. That's probably not up to the minimum for a sedentary person. Try prelogging your meals, building them around a protein source (s). You want to aim for at least 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body weight.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Get a protein powder.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Wayyyy too low
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    trey52424 wrote: »
    I get less than 47g

Out of how many calories?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I am having good luck increasing protein by looking for recipes that use Greek yogurt. I don’t like the texture on its own but using it in recipes has been a great help. Drinking skim milk has also given me a small boost as well. And eating nuts with my fruit for snacks
  • trey52424
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am having good luck increasing protein by looking for recipes that use Greek yogurt. I don’t like the texture on its own but using it in recipes has been a great help. Drinking skim milk has also given me a small boost as well. And eating nuts with my fruit for snacks

Thank you so much
  • Amy8Lyn
    Amy8Lyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly whole food plant based and I can get almost double that without a supplement, so I wonder how varied your diet is. Do you eat meat and/or dairy? Sometimes its easier to plan a per meal protein goal so you can hit your goal, nothing is worse that needing a ton of protein at the end of the day.