Banned Foods from my Meal Plans

Options
2»

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i am not banning anything but i am not having it unless i have the absolute best version of it. currently i really want buffalo wings but can't decide where the best ones are so i am passing it up. actually truth is mine are the best...i guess i should just make some wings this week ;-)

i looove buffalo wings! To get my fix i bake a chicken breast and tear it up, cook some franks red hot buffalo sauce into it and throw it into a fat free torilla! Its so good!
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My banned foods are anything with MSG, hydrogenated anything or franken sugars.
    I will make exceptions once a month for most anytng else.
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    I haven't really banned anything... because anytime I do that, I end up turning it into some kind of forbidden fruit thing and craving it all. the. time. But I try to avoid white foods (white bread, refined sugar - when possible, potatoes, white rice) because I honestly tend to to feel hungrier after I eat those foods. And right now, I'm not drinking soda of any kind - 8 days without so far! I always try to give myself permission to slip up every once in awhile though, because I have found in the past, if I don't do that, I beat myself up when I make the slightest unhealthy choice and then feel so guilty, I decide I don't want to get with the program. I haven't begun to work on my sodium intake, but that is part of the plan. It's one nutrient at a time for me.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Betty Crocker's cheesy scalloped potatoes. They are SO good, but so high in sodium and fat :(
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't ban anything..
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nothing is banned for me, I just try not to eat processed meals if I can (though I make exceptions occasionally). I have always stayed away from the really bad microwave dinners though (and generally ready-made meals) so it's not been that hard. The only really processed food I eat (aside from ice cream ;)) is my favorite cheese pasta sauce (one of those Knorr packets where you just mix the powder with water - probably not that good in terms of sodium but I don't eat it every week so whatever).
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from fried foods even on weekends when I'm a little more relaxed about things. Last Sunday I made Captain Crunch Chicken for some friends and I ended up eating myself sick. I've got most of my eating under control but I have absolutely no will power where fried foods are concerned.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Nothing is banned. I just try to choose healthier options. So I always eat wheat bread, but if I really wanted bread and white was all there was I'd eat it, Banning foods kind of makes me want it more.
  • kdeltadawn
    Options
    OH those frozen meals! I'm trying to keep my sodium below 1200mg/day due to hypertension and severe salt sensitivity, so I'm avoiding all high sodium stuff - canned/frozen and processed foods
  • cassi82
    cassi82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chinese take out is the one thing I just can't let myself eat anymore, as much as I love it. Everything that tastes good has soooo much sodium and any healthier options just aren't worth it since they don't taste great. I feel terrible after I eat it, so I decided I just have to say no.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't really ban anything, but there are things that I know I can't eat just a little of, so I avoid them. But in my mind, I keep telling myself I can have them if I want - that way I don't develop an obsession about them.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Well, this isn't so much a diet thing as it is something I do regardless of whether I'm watching what I eat or not. I do not buy foods with high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oil in them. I typically don't buy a lot of processed food, but on occasion I'll eat it, and if it's high in sodium, so be it.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ( hard to believe) mayonaise

Not hard for me to believe, in fact mayonnaise makes the short list of completely, totally, absolutely banned foods. I think I still have mayonnaise packets in the purse I was using before last.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I really avoid candy -- but I usually don't even want it anymore.