spinning class

Options
I'm dying to take a spinning class. Can anyone give me feedback or have any success stories regarding this? I only know ONE person who has taken the class.

Replies

• cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I would like to know also. A spinning class just opened in my town and I'm dying to try. How many calories does it burn?
  • Clairereynard
    Options
    Hi, I do three spinning class a week and they burn up to 1000 Cals, so a good way of losing weight.
  • notsomushy
    notsomushy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww! 1,000 each day???? One just opened in my neighborhood as well. Thats convincing enough to me :-)
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Super high intensity! I love them. Beware, they are addicting... right now I'm without a gym and I want to go to a spinning class super bad. Bring a towel and sweatband, but most important is water.
  • notsomushy
    Options
    Thanks Andy!! I'm going to give it a try!
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    I took a spin class offered at the gym a handful of times. It was 60 minutes and what we did varied, hills, AT intervals... I forget what else. Ended in pile of sweat. I was worried trying it because I thought it would be so boring, but depending on the instructor we had music or a movie and the instructor was always entertaining.

I did it 3 times a week for just shy of a month while waiting for my calf to heal so I could restart the Insanity workout. I didn't do it long enough to have physical changes, but I noticed a big difference in my cardio endurance while redoing the videos, was very impressed and I intend to go back come October.

Watch out, though, big *kitten* pain for the first week or so ;)
  • AndyBee
    Options
    Watch out, though, big *kitten* pain for the first week or so ;)

Literally... you might want to sit on a towel.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i love spin, i do it about twice a week. it depends on the instructor though, if you dont have a good instructor it can be boring.
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    You'll be drenched by the end of the class. I guarantee it!
  • waisheimli1
    Options
    I love spinning and you can go at own pace but it's always good to go with the instructor and the load music!then top it off with a rumba class!class!
  • waisheimli1
    Options
    Zumba sorry
  • nyketa25
    Options
    Girl you would love it!!! It's a challenge when you're riding up and down the hills but it's fun.. and you may want to take a butt seat with you :)
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I bought an inexpensive gel seat cover from Walmart. I highly recommend it.
  • notsomushy
    Options
    thank you everyone. I'm really excited about it now. I'm gonna look into that GEL seat. :-)
  • AndyBee
    Options
    BTW you look amazing! You're doing an excellent job.
  • notsomushy
    Options
    Awwww thanks
  • Debbie0517
    Debbie0517 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my spinning class and this is an exercise I never thought in a million years I would be looking forward to! I try to get in 3 classes a week. I'm not going to kid you..the first class was a killer for me. I hadn't exercised in 20 years and although I knew I was overweight and out of shape...I had no idea. When the instructor said to get out of the saddle, the mind was willing but the body would not; however, after a few classes and several sessions with the PT I now am able to get up and stay up. I typically burn 600-700 calories per 60 minute class. Tips-bring at least 2 bottles of water and if you decide spinning is for you buy yourself a gel seat.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Bring a small towel and water bottle.
  • notsomushy
    Options
    Thank you. Sounds like a plan
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    Today's class is much better than my first class on Tuesday. I was able to keep up with everyone. However, I end up with a bruise on my arm as I was rushing back after refilling my water bottle. Luckily, it's not black and blue!

I was also trying to teach my mom to how to ride on the spinning bikes and quickly gave up when I put the resistance up to "5"