Losing 2 pounds overnight/1day?

Options
Idk if this is right or not. but las night I weighed myself and I was at about 212 and then I weighed myself a couple of hours ago and it said 210. Is that right? I did work out for 21 minutes doing zumba and then 50 sit ups.. and I ate breakfast 2 eggs, oatmeal and navel oranges and orange juice. I also drank 4 glasses of water

is my scale that's wrong?

Replies

• sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It's right. Probably water/waste. Your body fluctuates weight quite a bit.
  • francena84
    Options
    Girl my scale tells me different things, digital scales have a mind of their own... It would tell me 155, 156.6 157.2 i usually step on the scale multiple times and move it around and go with the bigger number just to be safe..
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    DONT weigh yourself at night, there is usually a few pounds fluctuation when you weigh yourself at night and then in the morning. You are carrying water weight and plus the food you ate and things around with you. You should always weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee. :)
  • catie224
    catie224 Posts: 50
    Options
    It's likely that your body was retaining water yesterday from having too much sodium. If you drank lots, then your cells we're flushed out and returned to normal. It also depends on what time you weigh yourself--by the end of the day you've had a lot more to eat and logically weigh more than in the morning. Both of these are reasons that weighing yourself once a week is recommended; it's tough to judge weight loss on a day to day basis. Good luck!!
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you could be dehydrated...
  • NoMoreSickandTired
    Options
    A persons body fluctuates up to 2lbs daily.
    It's best to weight yourself at the same time and in about the same outfit (or no outfit) each time you weigh in.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself 1st thing in the morning? naked or with clothes on?..... they say its best to weigh naked 1st thing in the morning cause it tells you, what you are with nothing effecting it such as what you ate or how much your clothes weigh.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You usually weigh more in the evening than you do in the morning. You should weigh in the mornings before you drink or eat anything and after potty, naked and before shower if you take it in the morning.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It may be your clothes, retaining water, what time you wieghed yourself....many different things. Your weight will fluctuate daily. It's best to weigh yourself once a week. Try to wear about the samething, weigh at the same time and day. Also, the best gauge of weight loss is how your clothes fit and measurments. Muscle mass is way smaller than the same pounds of fat. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That two pounds was the food and water you hadn't gotten rid of yet in the toilet. My weight fluctuates as much as 4lbs daily. It's perfectly normal and happens to everyone.
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    It was last night at I took off my all my clothes.. today with clothes it was 2lbs less :/
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    And would I count this as a legit weight loss?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    DONT weigh yourself at night, there is usually a few pounds fluctuation when you weigh yourself at night and then in the morning. You are carrying water weight and plus the food you ate and things around with you. You should always weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee. :)

^^this^
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    And would I count this as a legit weight loss?

I only count it as weight loss when I compare morning weights. I wouldn't count it as a loss if I went from 210 in the morning to 212 at night and back to 210 in the morning. You just ate the equivalent of two pounds of food/water and evacuated it.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself at the same time every day or week. Most people weigh in the morning after going to the bathroom with little or no clothes on and before breakfast or a shower. I have found I am heavier after a shower. There is no comparison to evening and middle ot the day to morning. If I am losing I take my lowest weight and log that into myfitnesspal and do not log until I go under that weight. I know that I fluctuate and can be up on any day for any of a variety of reasons. Most people pick a day of the week for posting their weight. If you weigh yourself daily you can get a sense of when you typically show a loss and when you are generally up. If I posted my weight everytime I went up or down I wouldn't have much time for anything else.