Co-worker “detoxing”

Options
I have a co-worker who went home early yesterday because she said she was sick from detoxing from sugar. She is telling everyone today that she still feels sick from her detox. I asked her why she thought she needed to “detox”. After telling me that “ people” have told her sugar is very toxic, she also told me she didn’t eat yesterday until after she went home; then she felt better. I tried to point out that she probably just needed to eat, and that was why she didn’t feel well. I know I should just keep my mouth shut and stay out of it. You can’t really get through, can you?

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    if sugar was toxic wouldn't she be sick from eating them, not after "detoxing" from them? Just walk away and don't enter in conversation with her when she talks about it.
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Ask her if she thinks fruits are toxic too

Yes, good point. Of course she probably doesn’t think of that kind of sugar as the “toxic” kind!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It is almost like "detoxing from sugar" is the in thing to do. To me it is like the term "eating clean" ..I have to admit it bugs me when I hear people talk like that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Bring in a doughnut tomorrow eat it and then act out a death scene.

Or just take in cake for your office

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

Brownie trumps all these things....

YASSSS!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just smile and nod. Usually best just to mind your own business when it comes to coworkers and their eating habits and hope that they do the same.

There's a lot of woo floating around my office, too, and while it can be infuriating, it's just not worth my time trying to talk sense to them.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Bring in a doughnut tomorrow eat it and then act out a death scene.

Or just take in cake for your office

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

Brownie trumps all these things....

I like you more and more :)