low calorie snacks

Options
anyone out there have any ideas for low calorie and nutrional snacks that you can bring to the office without a lot of hassel! Today, I brought a mini babybel gouda and 3 crackers which added up to 150 calories.... it was filling - BUT - not a lot for that many calories ?????

Replies

• jpaycat54
    jpaycat54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    anyone out there have any ideas for low calorie and nutrional snacks that you can bring to the office without a lot of hassel! Today, I brought a mini babybel gouda and 3 crackers which added up to 150 calories.... it was filling - BUT - not a lot for that many calories ?????
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I take celery sticks, pea pods, sweet red peppers, string cheese.
    Those foods that take longer to eat are better for me. I can just happily inhale a granola bar! Then I start looking for something to eat!
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Veggies and Hummus
    Popcorn
    Fruit
    Yogurt
    Almonds
    String cheese
    Protein bar

The list could go on and on, I'm a huge fan of snacks! Try to always eat a complex carb with protein at every snack, that way you are filled up!!!

Good luck!! :wink:
  • szikas
    Options
    Well I'm new to this but I like mini pretzels. I can have 20 of them for 110 calories. They are salty and have the crunch so I feel full. I have also tried the Quaker rice cakes the 90 calorie packs. They have mulitple flavors and I especially like the peanut butter or the chocolate drizzle for the sweet factor. If I go the weight watchers then for 3 points I can have an apple with low fat butterscotch pudding and fat free cool whip. Tastes like a carmel apple and is very filling but is a little more work for a quick snack at work.
  • harlip
    harlip Posts: 21
    Options
    If cheese and crackers are your thing, try laughing cow cheese spread on 5 melba toast, it is about 100 calories. the cheese & melba both come in different flavors, tastes great!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well I'm new to this but I like mini pretzels. I can have 20 of them for 110 calories. They are salty and have the crunch so I feel full. I have also tried the Quaker rice cakes the 90 calorie packs. They have mulitple flavors and I especially like the peanut butter or the chocolate drizzle for the sweet factor. If I go the weight watchers then for 3 points I can have an apple with low fat butterscotch pudding and fat free cool whip. Tastes like a carmel apple and is very filling but is a little more work for a quick snack at work.

I love pretzels!! yummy, they're a fav of mine as well...I like pickled carrots, i take em to work all the time, once you're done with a jar of pickles, slice up your carrots and stick em in with the juices from the pickles, let em sit and you will have the yummiest pickled carrots....sounds gross, but they are really yummy!! I like to use dill pickle juice :wink: , i'm also a huge fan of hard boiled egg whites with a little bit of fat free mayo on melba toast crackers.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Here are some easy foods that I LOVE and keep me in line:

-Special K wheat crackers, I eat 10 to 17 instead of the 24 they recomend you eat.
    -Kashi Go Lean high protein, high fiber cereal. For a snack, I have half a cup with no milk and it keeps me going until meal time
    -FiberOne bars-they are 140 cals, but give you 9 grams of fiber and are very filling.
    -strawberries-been getting a good deal at Food Lion. I put them in a plast ziploc back already washed and ready to eat.
    -grapes (low cal and no fat and you can eat tons of them)
    -Special K protein water/drink
    -unsalted almonds

If you dig around, you will find good nutritious snacks that are also filling. Don't just keep in mind calories, but also fat grams and carbs...

Good luck!:smile:
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    light string cheese
    snack pack of baby carrots
    Luna bars
    celery sticks
    apple, banana
  • ripperxxvi
    Options
    Edamame..easy to heat up in the microwave, high in protein
  • Istillgotit
    Options
    This is a great snack! I like to ones in the pod. They are a little weird at first , but with a pinch of salt tossed over it they are great. Good Choice!!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

I love pretzels!! yummy, they're a fav of mine as well...I like pickled carrots, i take em to work all the time, once you're done with a jar of pickles, slice up your carrots and stick em in with the juices from the pickles, let em sit and you will have the yummiest pickled carrots....sounds gross, but they are really yummy!! I like to use dill pickle juice :wink: , i'm also a huge fan of hard boiled egg whites with a little bit of fat free mayo on melba toast crackers.

Yum! I do the same thing with cucumbers instead of carrots!
  • JRand07
    JRand07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    8 melba toast snack crackers (sesame flavor is best) and one wedge of laughing cow french onion cheese. The crackers are 100 cals and the cheese is 35 cals. You get a nice snack that is a little salty for 135 cals total.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Baked Tostitos Scoops (14) and Salsa.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Ok, where is everyone finding the Laughing Cow cheese?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options

I get it from walmart.
  • JRand07
    JRand07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get it at Meijer.
  • lincolns
    Options
    I get it at Sam's. It comes in a 3 pack! Love the stuff!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Oh these are good ideas, I've been packing hubby's lunch so he can "get on the program" without having to think... i want to keep changing things up so he doesn't get bored with them..