Co-worker “detoxing”

Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am now considering where I can take brownies so that I have an excuse to bake some...ideally one batch chocolate, one batch butterscotch.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Bring in a doughnut tomorrow eat it and then act out a death scene.

Or just take in cake for your office

Or bring in something really delicious like pie which is far superior to cake. But don't skip acting out the death scene...

Brownie trumps all these things....

Brownies trump cake but they are still one note texturally. A pie has a crust.

Nuts, chocolate chips...so many things you can put in them but even without it they put the smackdown on pie any day.

You don't often get brownies with nuts in... stupid people with nut allergies

Yeah, a lot of places don't sell them. :|

Walnut brownies are my favorite. I like to make my own and undercook them so they're very gooey.

I also add nuts to brownies and undercook them.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am now considering where I can take brownies so that I have an excuse to bake some...ideally one batch chocolate, one batch butterscotch.

You're invited to my house, I'll gladly take some brownies off of your hands.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Why is there brownie and pie talk with no actual brownies or pies?

Too triggering for some?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No cookie love in this thread is surprising.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Why is there brownie and pie talk with no actual brownies or pies?

Too triggering for some?

I tried looking for some, and it just made me hungry. I could order pizza from a place that has brownie desserts, but that seems like a bad idea considering I'm just getting back on track again.
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @NovusDies LOL best suggestion hands down
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Because I've spent the afternoon making meringues?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    No cookie love in this thread is surprising.

Too much work. 9x13" pans FTW!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Juicing is toxicity without the indigestible stuff. <- two wrongs ought to get a million views on youtube.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    ew what is this talk of brownie with nuts. ick

cream cheese and caramel though :smile:

62582777.jpg

if i'm wrong, i do not want to be right
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Not if it has peanut butter swirled through it

I assume you mean crunchy since smooth would be the same texture.

Pies can be savory or sweet. They can also be FRIED. They are more versatile as-is.

Not in the ones I make, peanut butter isn't the same consistency as brownie batter

Texture is like a crunch element against something soft. Smooth peanut butter and the finished brownie are both soft.
    Walnut brownies are my favorite. I like to make my own and undercook them so they're very gooey.

Pies can be gooey without being under-cooked.

I do enjoy a good pecan pie but the sweetness usually overshadows the crust. I don't really care for pie crust nor do I like the fruit fillings. My husband would agree with you though and have pie any day. But then, he doesn't like peanut butter so his food choices are dubious. :)

ETA: I am more than happy to make other folks pie and a little (or not) brownie for myself.

Derby pie: pecan pie with bourbon to cut the sweetness
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Not if it has peanut butter swirled through it

I assume you mean crunchy since smooth would be the same texture.

Pies can be savory or sweet. They can also be FRIED. They are more versatile as-is.

Not in the ones I make, peanut butter isn't the same consistency as brownie batter

Texture is like a crunch element against something soft. Smooth peanut butter and the finished brownie are both soft.

Pies can be gooey without being under-cooked.

I do enjoy a good pecan pie but the sweetness usually overshadows the crust. I don't really care for pie crust nor do I like the fruit fillings. My husband would agree with you though and have pie any day. But then, he doesn't like peanut butter so his food choices are dubious. :)

ETA: I am more than happy to make other folks pie and a little (or not) brownie for myself.

Derby pie: pecan pie with bourbon to cut the sweetness

I should have said “because ” the sweetness overshadows the crust. I like the sweetness. I have had it with burbon too though and it is wonderful!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Count my vote on Team Pie