Frozen Shoulder Post Cortisone

Options
Had a second cortisone shot in my shoulder in July. Been in PT 2x week since August trying to get it to free up. Getting there slowly. Anyone else experience a frozen shoulder/ capsular adhesion post cortisone? ROM was great up till shot. Just had some nagging bicep & cuff tendentious and bursitis.

Replies

• NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a spontaneous bilateral adhesive capsulitis - no treatment - got real bad but gradually went away - still with limited ROM
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Time and rest has helped me more than PT or cortisone shots. Still flares up, but it’s way better. ROM still ain’t great.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Little update. After a full tyear of PT a have most ROM back. Can't really bench press thou. Never get a shot again.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I have an appt in two weeks to discuss my seemingly frozen shoulder. As the surgery on elbow was not the miracle cure for my arm. Note to self be even more cautious regarding a suggestion for a shot in shoulder.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I have an appt in two weeks to discuss my seemingly frozen shoulder. As the surgery on elbow was not the miracle cure for my arm. Note to self be even more cautious regarding a suggestion for a shot in shoulder.

Please don't let my experience taint you. Many have great outcomes. My first shot did wonders and took all the pain away for 8 months.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I had it.. what cured it was a massage therapist at massage envy. .. she did some myofascial massage on my shoulder and upper arm. I went to her every two weeks..and it did the trick. I suffered with it for a long time .
    before that and tried the exercises ..stretching.. everything. nothing worked.
    I will say I lucked out getting the right massage therapist and with massage envy you never know what you'll get.... I'd do research and make sure you get one that practices myofascial massage.
  • ollieoop915
    ollieoop915 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After 3 shots which only the first helped the only thing that helped me was yoga. I'm not talking power yoga but hatha. I've been doing it for a year. Slow progress but I have amazing range of motion now and pretty much no pain. I use doyogawithme . Wonderful site. Great teachers.