Art of the Break-Up: How did you overcome self-sabotage after a break-up?

Diatonic12
Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
Forget the revenge body. They don't care. You can work like a dog for someone else and they simply move on. Bodies don't keep people together. It's only the bait to reel the big marlin in but it doesn't keep one on the hook.

There are many fishes in the sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-1_KpS8_Ew[/url]

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I thought we are friends? I asked you about 2 live crew and got no reply :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    main-qimg-f9f6616aa65df5bc5d1e79f58462cc1b-c
  • nutmegoreo
    main-qimg-e67b01c0173c7e98d289db6a79028c11-c
  • nutmegoreo
    f931406e0b69b33b00117e6ac40bc7bd--what-would-your-life.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    loveyourselfquotes.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    love-yourself-quote.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    marcus-aurelius-quotes-time-is-a-sort-of-river-of-passing-events-wisdom-quotes.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTkRF9kjeN50bUG2YKJrME3L_qBOPO1-Uyv8ZXViO1JLN92cI1
  • nutmegoreo
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrcj2V6tB7qQdwDpotK7n-6suv7lEJlJGdrjqAPUe5a4CzY_2APA
  • nutmegoreo
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlAY-DijGKNqbcy2cnRWe3_YcgZ8YIjOsWOMDyWR1lWqPLqZQp4Q
  • nutmegoreo
    buddha1.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    aslongasyoulook.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    I thought we are friends? I asked you about 2 live crew and got no reply :(

I didn't see that. Yes, I do.

I like all of those posters above there, too.

I just decided to put myself out there today. Humans do a funny thing. We like to connect things that may or may not be related. Sometimes, you can suss it all out if you put yourself on the line. The more experiences we have we can start to see our patterns.

We can choose to stop repeating them. Like dieting and eating all back. We do confuse correlation with causation. Cause and effect vs. relationship. Everyone wants to know how to hack their weight loss. The sky is not the limit for the sellers of false promises.

People will throw their hard earned money down a rat hole on supplements, equipment, plans, dieting gurus and coaches, books, special foods, hoping it will be the answer to all of their problems. Dieting refugees may even start following their guru hoping they can turn into one revved up fat-burning machine.

So much of this stuff is mental and emotional. We all have to make our peace with food. I don't want to use it as a substitute for people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6fWkZkrFc[/url]
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    What are your favorite songs by them?
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Mari22na wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    So much of this stuff is mental and emotional. We all have to make our peace with food. I don't want to use it as a substitute for people.

You have to make peace with yourself. I've seen a lot of people who think a perfect mate, more money, a new place to live, a new job, a perfect body, a new car or clothes, etc. etc. will make them happy but in reality if they aren't already content and happy in whatever skin they have those things won't magically make their problems disappear. Part of being human is to have emotions that sway when bad and good things happen and the things I listed (plus many more) will be at best a temporary fix unless a person has dealt with the crux of their issues. I've pined about ex-girlfriends but I stop myself and think it didn't work for a reason, it could be me it could be them but I am here in the present moment and my actions will dictate my future. Anyone can break their cycle, its possible and while many might want that "revenge" body (which is a good "get out of your funk" motivator) eventually its less about the ex as it should be.
  • Diatonic12

Anyone can break their cycle, its possible and while many might want that "revenge" body (which is a good "get out of your funk" motivator) eventually its less about the ex as it should be.

Absolutely. Agreed and appreciated.
  • Diatonic12
    There's a difference between honesty and being hypercritical of others. Honesty is good medicine.

There are people who can spot all of your flaws from across the room. They pounce on you when you enter at the door. To keep expecting their approval or anything out of them but hypercritical opinions is a mistake. They're not going to change.

Not everyone has your best interest at heart. There are people you just have to stay away from if you can. Avoid them. If these people are your coworkers, boss or family members that's going to be tough.

If they're perfect strangers just walk off. Hypercritical people are master controllers. Master controllers usually can't control anything in their own life so they huff and puff trying to blow your house. They're like the needle in a dream factory. They want to burst yours to make themselves feel better and in control. It's their coping mechanism.

Get away from master controllers. They've got nothing for you and they never will.