Stevia???

Options
Hi everyone,

I just bought Stevia today (liquid dropper form) as my new choice for a natural sweetener. I tried it in my tea this afternoon and was horrified at the chemical-like taste. Does anyone else use Stevia as a sweetener? If so, is there a particular brand that's better over another? Are there ANY natural sweeteners out there that don't leave a yucky after taste in your mouth? Perhaps I put too much in my tea. It reminded me of the taste of aspartame. Not pleasant!

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia brand for stevia. I buy the little packets that come in a box. Does the liquid have erythritol in it by chance? I can't stand that stuff - and it makes me sick.
    Crystal Lite Pure has stevia in it and it tastes really good!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    gotta be careful with stevia, too much and bleh, tastes terrible. use a tiny amount to start... sweetens my tea just great.

I use stevia in the raw personally....

good luck
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of Truvia and there is a Walmart generic version that has a nice taste also.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I also use Truvia and add one packet to coffee and that is enough. Try packets instead of liquid...
  • vkahlenberg
    vkahlenberg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use a powdered extract, and it only takes a tiny bit. A tiny bit tastes good, but too much is definitely nasty. I recommend you try again with a tiny, tiny bit, and work your way to what tastes right to you. That said, I haven't tried the liquid.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    liquids are the greatest tasting..., blah!
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love truvia and I have it and some silk in my coffee when I drink it and I dont do tea much but if I do I use it by the cup and local organic honey. I stash some in my purse because its better because its natural and made from sugar and not a chemical.I also tried the "dr Stevia" soda the all natural and Iove it! Its just expensive! I think it was a 1.50 or almost 2 for one can.I wasnt buying a 6pk for 7.00 in case I didnt like it.
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I love stevia! I only use a little and I buy the single powder packets from Whole Foods. Just their brand, nothing fancy.
    I have also bought the liquid Stevia that tastes like English Toffee from there.

They both taste great! A little goes a long way!

To everyone using Truvia, it does taste good. However, it is not 100% Stevia. It is mixed with something else, and I am not sure what that is, so I don't use it.

Good luck!
    By the way, there is also Stevia with fiber in it, if that interests you!
  • grits317
    grits317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried Truvia about a year ago and thought it was super nasty. Three weeks ago, I gave up aspartame and sucralose sweetened foods/drinks. I now use Stevia in the Raw (in the little packs) and I'm thrilled that I can NATURALLY sweeten things without putting poisons in my body. I've never seen the liquid form of stevia yet.
  • CORPORESANO
    Options
    Before buying any stevia order free samples from Stevita Co. inc. . Send e-mail to info@stevitastevia.com. Thye have stevia in liquid or powder form and also flavored liquid and flavored powder, and stevia chewing gum.