Critique please, I can take it :)

Options

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Thx for the encouragement.
    This maybe better lighting, with my rose tinted glasses I can see the odd ab shadow appearing.... need all the help I can get :)

04_AE500_E-8703-4_C01-9876-_E8063707_F2_B5.jpg

Working really hard in the gym 3 times a week and eating healthy with loads of supplements :) but at my age this may be as good as I can get.
    Settle for it though after being over 16st last year.

You're looking good. Eff settling. I'm also 62, not planning on settling until I'm in the coffin.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    My wife has just said I look better in the before pic tanned and healthy but in the second pic I look scrawny and pale :(((((((

I think your wife sucks, tbh. My wife's support is one of the big reasons I lost weight. She was there from 300 pounds to 200. As for whatever chub/loose skin is left, she says, "I love your body."

Great work. Keep it up.
  • FindingLaurie
    FindingLaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think you look incredible--super job!! Definitely a big difference. And some people don't realize how much harder it is for us "more mature", ahem, people to make these changed!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and don’t shave your beard! Out of curiosity, do you own a motorcycle? ;)
  • tomjanecourtney
    tomjanecourtney Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Motorcycles scare me, My boat goes fast enough for me and that’s barely running pace :)
    I’ve had the beard for over 40 years, to lazy to shave :) it varies from biker to gravy stain to zz top but always there in some shape.
    Thx for all the nice comments.
    Going to keep pushing weights / reps and nutrition upward to see if I can improve further. Will give it another year then settle into a maintenance mode probably.
    The tan will come as we’ll be living full time in our Greek house next year, with a reasonable beach body hopefully:)

• Wzntme1980
    Wzntme1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look great! You should be proud! I would keep going...you may be plesently surprised.
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Thx, ideally I would like to continue training with regularly increased reps then weight and focus more on core work but a lower back weakness is limiting me.
    Seems I can get a couple of weeks core work in then the back goes again stopping my progress.
    Going to arrange for my ‘celebrity’ PT to assess my plan and core exercise form in particular.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Put it that way :smiley:

I'd be proud to call you my dad at the beach.
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Ardael wrote: »
    Put it that way :smiley:

I'd be proud to call you my dad at the beach.

What a lovely comment, but.... oh never mind :)
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    After a week on cals increased to 2500 I’ve put on 3 lbs and I can feel and see it on my stomach :(

Probably overreacting but going down to 2200 cals
    Need to improve the quality of my food, too much wine and nibbles.
  • Neiross1
    Neiross1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    After a week on cals increased to 2500 I’ve put on 3 lbs and I can feel and see it on my stomach :(

Probably overreacting but going down to 2200 cals
    Need to improve the quality of my food, too much wine and nibbles.

300x7 is 2100 which is not including the cals you would burn just from eating. 3lb is 10500 cals you just put on water weight just from the increase of carbs.
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Thx Neiross1, didn’t know the lb to cal calc.
    Water weight makes sense in that short time.
    Might need to ‘bite the bullet’ and finish that cut I was on. My target was 12st 7lbs but I probably need to get below 12st as there was still too many saggy bits left :)
    I’ll stay on maintenance for a couple of months and work harder in training, see what happens first though. Try not to weigh myself too often and use the mirror, save the panics :)
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fab in both pics and definitely not 62.
    I voted keep the beard but I like beards.😁
  • Laces918
    Laces918 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dont stop get it get it
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you look great! We can continue to improve at any age. I’d also vote to ditch the beard.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think what your wife is referring to is that during transitional periods of losing weight the fat cells themselves go from being firm and filled to soft and squishy. This often makes the skin look “worse” temporarily, despite the fat going away and obviously the body getting smaller and more compact. Anecdotal of course (can’t find articles establishing it as science) but its a phenomenon many people report noticing, myself included. That is, we are looking more jiggly during weight loss. It’s only because when you are gaining or maintaining the fat is more solid and therefore your outside shape is pulled taught. As the fat in the cells is being depleted, some people report looking deflated, squishy or jiggly. It’ll even out once you stabilize for a long enough period and your skin adjusts to having less underneath. Every two ish weeks I notice looking more squishy and then suddenly I have a whoosh and a big drop on the scale and my “shape” looks better.
    Hopefully she’ll realize it’s a temporary state of transition and it won’t demotivate you.
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Thx guys n gals (if you can say that these days )
    Mini... (can’t find the underscore) Think you’re bang on with the squish juggly thing. If the extra skin hanging around would go it would make a big difference.
    My main problem has been moobs. So extra chest work has been my priority to ‘fill them up’ . Now adding core excercises to build some abs and fill the squiggly areas :)
    Find myself going topless at every occasion these days, proud of what I’ve achieved. Nice feeling after years of baggy shirts :).
    Even at my age I’m going to keep working hard to see what I can achieve.
    Wish I’d done this years ago.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    No critiquing necessary.
    You look great for any age, and your efforts truly show.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    All pics are good. You are not unattractive in any of them.
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Can’t thank you all enough, had some lovely comments and confidence at an all time high.

I mean business now :)

Upped weight over the last 3 weeks on -
    incline Db chest press +20%
    now 24kg Db’s and 4 sets 10

incline Bb chest press +30%
    now 60 kg Bb and 3 sets 8

Military Press +30%
    now 40 kg Bb and 3 sets 8 & 2 sets 6

Most other exercises are up
    Legs 10-12%
    Back 10-15%
    Legs 10-15%
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!