Does watching the food network make you hungry?

2»

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    I watch a decent amount of Food Network shows and other food related shows. They make me want to try cooking new things that aren't good for me...I can usually wait until I'm hungry though. One of my favorites is Master Chef Jr. Those kids amaze me and they made French macarons...I tried to make them a week later :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I watch a lot of food shows on the Food Network and other channels for the entertainment value and to get some cooking and recipe tips.

I actually find a lot of what is shown on programs like Triple D and Man v Food pretty disgusting and far from appetizing. On the other hand, I find that the cooking on Chopped and Iron Chef can be quite inventive and helpful to me when I'm trying to think how to use something that I need to cook but have no idea what to do w/it other than toss it in the trash.
  • Metalman224
    Metalman224 Posts: 26 Member
    Mind over matter.
    If you don't want to get hungry don't watch food shows lol.
    I'm terrible for this too.
    If I want a recipe I'll look it up rather than watch someone make it.
    Man Vs Food..... OMG! Watching this on a cut is literally torture.
    If you have to watch.... Heaps of water and chewing gum might help.
    Funny post.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Triple D = Eating by proxy.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mari22na wrote: »
    When my gym used to have big common-area TVs, I would always switch one to Food Network to watch Chopped while I worked out. I always wondered if that was mean to my fellow gym-goers.

I love Chopped, but hate HATE haaaaatttteeeee that Pioneer Woman. "Lets make lunch for the boys who are working in the fields". STFU lady, I think they can make their own damn sandwich. Like we're in the 1950s....

B) When my family comes over and turns on PW, I pitch a fit like a wildcat. I cannot even, I cannot, I will not watch it. Yuck, I need a bucket.

'I live out in the middle of nowhere', doesn't know what or where the middle of nowhere really is, so just SThailUP already. As for me and my house, I have some authentic pioneer women in my ancestry. True grit, not serving food around some long fancy schmancy dining room table eating Dump Cake.

To each their own!! I just love her recipes, southern cooking is my favorite! All of her food tends to be really awful for you though.. tons of calories and high fat. Must be why it's so darn good. Her college mug cake recipe I think has nearly 1,000 calories in it, and it's not more than a slice of cake.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like Myron Mixon, Pitmaster BBQ shows and Triple D for the good unknown eating joints. Bucket List, travel to all of them and try it all out. Eat your way across America, eating it all back one homecooked meal at a time.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I prefer the cooking shows on PBS (more cooking, less show). BBQ with Franklin :yum: ATK and Cook's Country are also good. Anything with Jacques Pepin. And of course Julia! They don't make me hungry, but they do make me sad I don't have more time to cook right now.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Actually, COMMERCIALS make me hungry more than cooking shows. I'll be perfectly happy after dinner sitting in my jammies drinking my water, and suddenly there's a beauty shot of a giant plate of nachos filling my screen. That's just hitting me below the diet belt!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Cooking shows make me feel hungry and inadequate, even though I am a very good cook. I'm just not a fancy dessert cook.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don’t watch TV except for Netflix. And I don’t watch cooking shows either lol. That doesn’t sound entertaining to me. I do follow a bunch of recipe pages on Facebook though. I love it for getting some new ideas for dinner. I can’t say it makes me hungry though, sorry lol