Looking for some vegan friends!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been up and down with my weight for all my life. I have had previous success with logging my food and exercise into fitnesspal and lost 20 lbs. Gained it all back and I am getting back to healthy eating and getting fit by hiking and gym time!
I've been vegan for over three years and looking for some vegan friends who are on the same get fit and weight loss journey!
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• fellowza
    fellowza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm vegan too :) Looking to lose around 20lbs as well
  • RhiannonS54
    RhiannonS54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Kinda in the same boat, this app has worked well for me in the past and I've just redownloaded it.
    I've been vegan for just over a year now but I've definitely been vegan for the animals not the health benefits: I'm a sucker for some good vegan junk food :lol:
    Ideally I want to lose around 5kg.
    I think the scariest thing so far was realising that I'm currently eating over double the recommended quantity of granola each morning! 45g seems like nothing :(
  • shobha1234567890
    shobha1234567890 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Am a vegan too.....nice to know...but my goal is to maintain
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but my bf is vegan. Feel free to friend me :)
  • ReneeKatz
    ReneeKatz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You all should be eating meat.
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ReneeKatz wrote: »

You should worry about yourself.
  • CostaPe851
    CostaPe851 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    plant based > vegan fyi
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ReneeKatz wrote: »

Why?
  • amjohnsto1204
    amjohnsto1204 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im plant based vegetarian, but hey anyways!
  • TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Vegan 4 years now. Vegetarian 10+..looking for VEGAN friends :)
  • suzannemchugh89
    suzannemchugh89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too.. Would love to get better tips on healthy vegan recipes :). Im eating far too much junk at the moment
  • breathefire
    breathefire Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would love more vegan or plant based friends with open diaries! Add me
  • pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had always been a fit and slim vegan until about two years ago when I moved countries five times within 18 months; I was stressed, lost my equilibrium, ate mindlessly and stopped exercising. Now I lost almost all of it but am sticking around here on MFP, hoping it will help me to not regain it. I can recommend some great books or blogs for vegan recipes. New friends welcome! ☺
  • pinaycoco
    Options
    Hey! Kinda in the same boat, this app has worked well for me in the past and I've just redownloaded it.
    I've been vegan for just over a year now but I've definitely been vegan for the animals not the health benefits: I'm a sucker for some good vegan junk food :lol:
    Ideally I want to lose around 5kg.
    I think the scariest thing so far was realising that I'm currently eating over double the recommended quantity of granola each morning! 45g seems like nothing :(

I feel like that about peanut butter! Who on earth thinks a tablespoon is one serving?! Pffft! I would love some vegan friends here.
  • pinaycoco
    Options
    chai_latte wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I've been up and down with my weight for all my life. I have had previous success with logging my food and exercise into fitnesspal and lost 20 lbs. Gained it all back and I am getting back to healthy eating and getting fit by hiking and gym time!
    I've been vegan for over three years and looking for some vegan friends who are on the same get fit and weight loss journey!
    Thanks! :smile:

Hello! I would like to add you - I lost weight but am sticking around here to not regain it. I'm vegan since I was a child (when I didn't worry about weight, just about animals). 🙂
  • pinaycoco
    Options
    Am a vegan too.....nice to know...but my goal is to maintain

Same here! 🙂
  • pinaycoco
    Options
    Would love more vegan or plant based friends with open diaries! Add me

I will. ☺