Bread Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• Huff870
    Huff870 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life Italian. 35 calories a slice. Sometimes I'll use Joseph's Flax Seed Pitas which are 60 calories (but weigh them as they are never the 37g serving size).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Dave's Killer breads. Costco has great prices on them.
  • CostaPe851
    CostaPe851 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sprouted bread
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    dawn_h_d wrote: »
    I do like bread, and I know if it something I give up completely, I will end up binging on it in some way, shape, or form. I currently am eating White/Italian Bread, which I know I should pick something out that is more beneficial to my health. I grew up eating Wheat Bread, and there is something about it that just turns me off. I am not sure if it is the dryness or texture or taste, but I just can't do it. Does anyone have any other suggestions of breads that can be found at the supermarket that don't cost and arm and a leg? I have tried using "other breads" like "Thins", but I just head back to my old, trusty, and not good for me, White Bread.

1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup Greek yogurt (

Mix all to form bread dough. Shape into buns / bagels / baguettes and bake at 375F until done (20-25min.)

Simple, easy and delish.

Thanks! I'm going to try this! I've only done flour-yeast-salt breads.
    Sooo.... 125g flour? 226g yogurt? How many buns would it typically make?

I usually make 4 normal sized bagels / buns or 5 smaller ones.
    Make sure to use greek yogurt. Regular yogurt is too thin and will make the dough too runny.

Thanks! I tried a half batch last night in a baguette shape, and I think the dough lends itself more to a drop biscuit type form. It seems like a bagel shape would take a lot of handling. Any tricks to address sticking?
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Soda bread is divine.
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have at least 10 slices of Sarah lee 35 calorie high fiber bread a day. Just fit it into your calories. Also their is nothing wrong with white bread. I ate wonder bread white my whole childhood with mayo and bologna and was as thin as a rail and yes I still eat that , but now use Sarah lee 35 calorie bread so that I can eat more
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Sourdough

Yep - Sourdough