Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?

Options

Replies

• thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here. Haven't touched meat in 15 years. I was back and forth vegan for a while in college, but having kids now I'll just stick with vegetarian.

Glad to know there are other veggies out there! Feel free to add me!
  • xcirce
    xcirce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello all =]
    I'm a 5 year vegetarian (I started youngish) and I love it. I'm not much for vegetables but I get my nutrients elsewhere....or try to at least. Unfortunately I'm too selfish to go vegan...I love dairy products way too much and I just don't want to make myself that miserable. I do what I can though! =]
  • emily0221
    Options
    NEWLY VEGAN!! ABOUT A MONTH NOW AND I LOVE IT :) THERE ARE MOMENTS WHEN I EAT SOMETHING I DIDNT KNOW HAD DAIRY IN IT TILL AFTER BUT ITS A LEARNING PROCESS. I WATCHED CHANGE YOUR FOOD CHANGE YOUR LIFE ON NETFLIX AND IT WAS SO INFORMATIVE THAT I JUST CANT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTING ANY OF THAT IN MY BODY. THE CHALLENGE FOR ME HAS BEEN MY FAMILY AND BUDGET. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A SIMPLY DIET OF JUST VEGGIES, GRAINS AND NUTS BUT ITS UNREALISTIC WITH A FAMILY SETTING THATS STILL USED TO UNHEALTHY CONVIENCE FOODS. WHILE THERE ARE ALOT OF SUBSTITUTIONS OUT THATS VEGAN I WISH IT JUST WASNT SO EXPENSIVE AND EVERYTHING HAS SOY. HAVE ANY OF YOU FOUND ANY PROBLEMS WITH CONSUMING TOO MUCH SOY? MY HUSBAND SWEARS THAT IT LOWERS HIS TESTOSTERONE AND WONT TOUCH THE STUFF WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME. BUT IVE FELT ALOT MORE HORMONAL WHEN CONSUMING A LARGE AMOUNT OF SOY IN A DAY.

PLEASE ADD WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SUPPORT IN MY NEW LIFE STYLE :)

KEEP ROCKING MY FITNESS PAL PEEPS
  • JulieTX86
    JulieTX86 Posts: 303
    Options
    I just watched that documentary as well!! It is hard to think about eating all of it again isn't it!? Right now I am doing raw for a bit, but when I come off of it I would like to try to stay vegetarian/vegan. Which would be unheard of for me, I love dairy so much you might as well consider me to be a baby cow. LOL. We shall see. I think I would just need to keep watching that movie for inspiration (and recipes)! :)
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for six years now and before that ate very little red meat or poultry. My son and his girlfriend are fierce vegans and have been for a very long time so when I'm looking to try something new or need a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in our area they are the perfect resources. :)
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my mother calls me a "carbitarian" bc my favorite foods are bread and pasta! i was raised on beef jerky, steak, and ribs, but I've been vegetarian for 2 years. picky eater, don't eat a lot of fresh fruits & veggies, but I'm weaning myself off of canned veggies and processed foods. would love to not eat anything processed at all, but my family is not helpful, and my parents do all the food shopping =P
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for 13 years and recently started having some dairy again.... I'm still vegetarian though.... I am not a big carb eater. I rarely eat pasta or rice. That's the kiss of death for vegetarians when it comes to wanting to be thin!!!
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for 13 years and recently started having some dairy again.... I'm still vegetarian though.... I am not a big carb eater. I rarely eat pasta or rice. That's the kiss of death for vegetarians when it comes to wanting to be thin!!!

so true! now i only have bread about once or twice a month, and i've reduced my pasta intake by almost 3/4 on my quest for better health. i'm trying to eat more fruit & veggies, but those soft pretzels and bean burritos get me evry time! lol
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    transitioning into lacto-ovo vegetarianism!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto vegetarian. Hi. :-)
  • amorrisjaybird
    Options
    Ova-lacto veggie here (mostly). I have started eating some fish (I'd be happy without it, but it is a protein that my entire family (kids and husband can agree on). But that usually isn't more than once a month! Before hubby/kids I was fish-free! Thinking about moving towards vegan as I work on my weight loss journey and incorporating more raw foods. The difficulty is doing this without having to prepare two separate meals all the time. If anyone has suggestions for vegan and even raw entrees that hubby and kids would like, please pass my way!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am vegan-esque! I love the feeling. Overall, I am a clean eater and I am glad to see other people that are willing to be different and eat well for health and just cuz it's darn tasty! Yippie!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm working on becoming a Ova-lacto vegetarian. For health reasons, animal cruelty, and you know, saving the world. So any friends would help, and advice is always appreciated.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    pescetarian here!!! :) i am working on becoming fully vegetarian though
    ever since i cut out red meat (about 7 months ago) i feel SO much better!!!!! It was one of the best decisions i ever made :)

go veggies!!! <3
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Vegan here (if you couldn't guess by my name). Was vegetarian for about 7 years now I've been vegan for about 9 I guess. Feel free to add! It's great to have so much support on here for such a healthy lifestyle.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I was vegan for a while, but I've consistently been a strict vegetarian for 9 years now. Although I'm overweight, the good thing is my cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is healthy, and my iron levels are normal. I do have a vitamin D deficiency, but as I understand it, that's not something that happens to just vegetarians. What I'm trying to say here is that, yes, the health benefits of vegetarianism/veganism are wonderful.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    "Seagan" here. I was fully vegan for 5 years. Now I eat fish when I travel because I found that it was really hard to maintain full on veganism while travelling. I maybe eat fish once or twice a month, more when I travel.

Funny you say that. The one time I seriously ate any fish was when I was in Istanbul last year.
  • ashliz2012
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about two months now and I feel twelve times better than I did before. Eventually I want to go vegan but it's a long journey. I'm still working on trying not to eat too much mock meat (the sodium in it is HORRIBLE). lol
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian right here!! I don't eat any type of meat but fish. So I'm kinda like a vegetarian!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Vegetarian/Vegans!

I'm new here with an ambitious goal of losing 100 lbs. I'm looking for easy/healthy recipes and to make new friends. If anyone as websites for easy, fun healthy recipes, please share! Kate