Maintaining Ketosis

Options
GeorgeGCT
GeorgeGCT Posts: 20 Member
Hello world. I am new here and on a strict Keto nutrition plan. I am not looking for weight loss/gain specifically. My goal is to improve my health and make my body adapted to run on primarily fat. Would love opinions and experiences. My macros have typically been 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. It varies slightly as many of you know. Enjoy your day/night :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you look into the MFP groups you will find the Low Carber Daily and Keto groups. You'll find a lot of info and support in those groups.

Your macros look fine to start with. Don't forget to increase sodium to 3000 to 5000 mg a day. That's roughly 2 teaspoons of salt.

Good luck!

• GeorgeGCT
    Options
    Thanks. I have increased my electrolytes. Has helped a ton since I am expelling more water on Keto. I was searching the Keto rooms. Still trying to find one that is suited.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am doing keto kinda sorta too! Never get my fat as high as it should be, but I do keep my carbs low. I am a veggie/protein kinda girl! :) if you looking for a slightly keto friend add me up! :)
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi George! I’m a fellow ketoer! I’ve been at it for almost 5 months, and loving it! I have an open diary, and love encouraging all of my friends! Looking for more mutually supportive friends as well. A lot of mine have fallen off the wagon it seems. Feel free to add me! ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    GeorgeGCT wrote: »
    Hello world. I am new here and on a strict Keto nutrition plan. I am not looking for weight loss/gain specifically. My goal is to improve my health and make my body adapted to run on primarily fat. Would love opinions and experiences. My macros have typically been 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. It varies slightly as many of you know. Enjoy your day/night :)

if you dont already know your body will run on dietary fat as its main fuel source and body fat is lost in a deficit. if you already know then carry on and disregard this. good luck
  • GeorgeGCT
    Options
    If I need to get my fat up, I add MCT oil. Been able to keep it around 2 tablespoons daily only. My foods have been mostly there. Lots of eggs, avocado, walnuts or pecans, and bacon. I cook my scrambled eggs right in the fat. No waste here 😁