Carrying 50 extra pounds...

Options
I'm back! Except this time, i'm trying to dig myself up out of a big hole. I am three years post lap-band removal. It was a very successful 10 year run and 100lb weight loss. The band slipped in June 2015 and here i am three years and fifty pounds later. I am determined to get this weight off with a new mind set. Most of my eating habits have everything to do with my mind and nothing to do with my hunger.

Replies

• cindytomek
    cindytomek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love inspiration from emotional eaters, post lap-banders and anyone that has lived with mindless eating habits.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Two things that trigger mindless eating for me are simply being bored or watching TV. I try to keep myself occupied. Hobbies are good as I can get so distracted in them that I sometimes forget to eat altogether :D also going out for a walk is good to curb the cravings and burn a few extra calories too. I limit the time I spend watching TV because it immediately makes me want to snack. I will do something else like organize my room or read or something. It helps to have low calorie snacks around if you just “have to have a snack”. Fruit, pickles, mushrooms, cucumbers, sugar free ice pops, etc. Plan ahead, and simply don’t buy the calorie heavy goodies so you don’t have them in the house as temptations. :)
  • martinez99j
    martinez99j Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I “have” the highest of cravings, and a sweet tooth so bad that my gums begin to hurt at the feel of chocolate. It’s part of life, educate yourself in how much food you should be taking in. It’s fun, this app has helped me beat my cravings for almost 2 weeks now. I hope this helps.

P.S. This is like my 100th time I’ve gone into dieting and broke it. It’s okay, I guess after all it, paid off.
  • Fab5353
    Fab5353 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So my mind is food orientated. So I'm busy cooking instead of grabbing something quick and making bad choices. As a non cook I've done good. 45 lbs lost, started middle of February. Started my exercise at the 3 month with just 3 minutes in a stationary bike at work. I'm up to 17 minutes. I don't cheat much. Eat fish three times a week, it helps u lose weight. U can Google that. I make a miracle pizza. 500 calories for the whole thing. Like a medium size pizza. I eat chicken fajitas. Listen I can help anyone. Cuz I did it. About 45 more lbs yo go.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 100 lbs naturally about 6 years ago .. and well it was all back so at it again .. at least I have practice! :) good luck on your journey .. and always remember you only fail if you stop trying! :)
  • sarahkatie2019
    sarahkatie2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose around the same amount. Have several health issues which makes it harder, but gotta get something sorted. Feel free to add me.