Flexible dieting vs clean eating

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    So i know that clean is preferred but how does flexible dieting work. Is it just calories in vs calories out? I heard that Calorie in calorie out isnt all that simple though. So if i were to have noodles but still be under my maintainence, will i burn the same amount of fat as if i were clean eating under my maintainence

I think we can get ourselves into trouble with labels because clean eating or flexible eating may not be the same for any two people. You simply need to come up with a food plan that helps you best reach your goal to lose weight. Weight loss is accomplished via a calorie deficit.

So, you will lose weight no matter what you eat, or how you eat, as long as you stay in a calorie deficit. Everything else you throw into the mix, such as flexible eating or clean eating, or anything, are just tools to keep you on your journey toward weight management
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    I have found that I can’t eat in a restrictive plan. It doesn’t fit for my lifestyle. I have learned I do better on a lower carb diet, but no doing Keto at all. Just balancing my carbs, eating more protein.

Find what works for you
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited June 2018
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    News flash...most people doing "flexible dieting" are getting most of their calories from highly nutritious sources...we just don't freak out because we had a *kitten* cookie for desert after our grilled chicken mixed green and veggie salad.

Yep wolfman.....
    If I ate all my calories from "junk", I would be hungry all the kitten time. Most people would. There are some people who can ignore the biological drive to eat. They are the minority IMHO. Time for my sweet potatoes, veg , and lean meat! Lol
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    News flash...most people doing "flexible dieting" are getting most of their calories from highly nutritious sources...we just don't freak out because we had a *kitten* cookie for desert after our grilled chicken mixed green and veggie salad.

Exactly!!! It's so much easier to make flexible into "normal" for long term results too. No stressing out over social events and food options or having a glass of wine at a party.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2018
    VUA21 wrote: »

Exactly!!! It's so much easier to make flexible into "normal" for long term results too. No stressing out over social events and food options or having a glass of wine at a party.

It's basically the diet with the least amount of restriction which is why I love it.