carbs

Options
I am lacking in the carb dept...is that a good thing or a bad thing? and of course i am down on Calories ...but i guess thats a good thing...

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    If you're using the MFP standard goal of 55% carbs, I think being low is a good thing. Part of my health goal is to cut down on processed carbs, so I lowered the goal here to 40% and aim to stay below 150 carbs daily from primarily whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and dairy. I'm not a low-carber but I am (trying to be) a whole food-er.
  • KerryJaneSmith
    Options
    That's really good, wish I could keep my hands off bread
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    That's really good, wish I could keep my hands off bread

Me too I have a carb fetish.

Anyway it's a good thing to want and eat less carbs.
    Honestly nothing matters more then just overall calories but carbs are what I cut to keep within my calorie range.
  • nodan
    nodan Posts: 6
    Options
    ..same problem with protein. my first daily log says, in red, that i am -64 protein...not good, right?
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    I go over on Protein, and everyone on here seems to say the same thing that MFP is set on the lower side of the protein...
    I love bread too...but i tend to stay away from it , because i KNOW i will go over board...but thats with fresh bread...
    I think i am doing things wrong...My calorie goal ( which i think is wayyyyyyyy to high ) 2100 WOW~...I have been very good about charting exactly what i eat..no cheating ...and my calories are still low...I dont want to go into starvation mode!...but i have cut out a lot if not all the junk food i would eat non stop. i just TRY to eat healthy now ...