21 Day Fix friendly

Options
Hi I’m a mom of 3 and desperately trying to lose weight. My goal is to be at 125lbs. I was raised to clear my plate so I think portion control helps the most. I’m doing 21 Day Fix until I get under 150 then I will start the extreme version. Anyone want to buddy up for some motivation?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I value people friendly over program friendly. To lose weight, you have to reduce calorie intake, and that means some kind of portion control. MFP is a free and platform independent model for portion control. You have found MFP. Welcome :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there's anyone active in this group or not: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

21DF isn't something I would try myself. Seems rather limited. To lose weight you need to take in fewer calories than your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) PERIOD.

Learning real portions for all food is important for maintenance. 21DF is just learning portions for "diet" foods.
  • rickyoliveras77
    rickyoliveras77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like more info on that lose weight program,I’ve gain weight and now trying to figure out what’s the best way and healthy way to lose the weight
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I would like more info on that lose weight program,I’ve gain weight and now trying to figure out what’s the best way and healthy way to lose the weight

This program is easy to copy without buying expensive Tupperware from a Beach Body "Coach." Google the food list, and buy your containers from Amazon. Basically Beach Body copied the old Weight Watchers Exchanges program anyway. Each"xx" containers of protein, "xx" containers of fruit, and "xx" containers of veggies and "xx" containers of fat. This will give you a range of calories (high or low) depends upon your food choices. Not all fruits have the same calories,....for example.

"FIXBODY 7 Pieces 21 Day Portion Control Containers Color-Coded" $7.99.