Help!

Options
I've been going to the gym now for around 3 months or so but can't see no results. I know you can't target a specific area for fat loss but is there any exercises I can do to target my stomach just that little more?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing to do is to count calories. Are you doing so and logging everything as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy and ab exercises (v sits and ab throw downs mainly) have helped my stomach look more toned and my waist is more defined after 6 weeks. I’ve not lost weight yet as I’m only eating a tiny cut but it’s certainly an improvement
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sit ups and leg raisers will strengthen your abbs, so as the fat comes off you will reveal a six pack. If you work hard enough! 😊
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Sit ups and leg raisers will strengthen your abbs, so as the fat comes off you will reveal a six pack. If you work hard enough! 😊

for some it will take very low body fat percentages to see a six pack,some may never see a 6 pack. for women its even harder for some, then some may run into the issue of skinny fat by losing too fast and losing more lean mass than fat and of course then you wont see a 6pack.and for some to see a 6pack it may mean severely underweight. sit ups work the hip flexors more than it does your core.
  • ChristianRoberts99
    ChristianRoberts99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm counting my cals and putting them into MFP. I do an exercises 3-4 times a week. I also do cardio in a fasted state before work 2-3 times a week also. I'm eating roughly 500 cals less than my TDEE
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If you’re not losing you’re eating too much. Fat loss is linear
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm counting my cals and putting them into MFP. I do an exercises 3-4 times a week. I also do cardio in a fasted state before work 2-3 times a week also. I'm eating roughly 500 cals less than my TDEE

fasted cardio over fed cardio has no difference in fat burn over a 24 hour period so that's irrelevant but I would venture to say your eating more then you think, your TDEE is lower then you think, consistency issues or you made progress but you see yourself everyday and can't see it yet
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    What results aren’t you seeing? Weight loss or bigger muscles from being in the gym?

Tell us a little more about yourself: weight, height, goal weight, calorie goal, how you’re accounting for the calories in and calories out.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to let you know that whether you can see results or not, you may be getting them. I tend to tell the same stories over and over so apologies to those who've already seen this one:

I've had two day surgeries in the last six months. Both went beautifully. In the recovery room after the first one, the nurse asked me if I could "try to sit up" while he cranked the bed up behind me so I could drink something. Which basically meant "This will be easier if you aren't lying there like deadweight." I sat up so effortlessly I remember thinking, "Gee, this sounded like it was supposed to be a challenge." The nurse commented that I had some great trunk muscles.

For the record: I do some core exercises as part of my regular strength training but, chalk it up to genetics, my belly sheds fat very slowly. There's no muscle definition there and I don't know if there ever will be. For me, it's a perk, not a priority. But clearly, under the flab, I've been accomplishing something.

(Same nurse was there after the second surgery. He recognized me as "The one who works out." I'm not sure if I'm more proud of that or more sorry that he made it sound like most of the patients passing through there don't.)